• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot expo purchases

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I have a question about parrot expo purchases. Generally I do not go to parrot expos because I have alwaya heard or thought that anything you buy is exposed to all of the parrots there (and potential diseases and told myself I was just looking at this expo. .....but I purchased lots of toys I do not normally have. At first I bought only things I can easily wash first but a few items would be ruined if I washed first.

Any thoughts on cleanliness of bird toys from parrot expos? Appreciate guidance as I regret purchases at this point

And good to see I can still have time for SWS purchases!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
F-10 everything

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Thanks, I just ordered it! I hadn't heard of it so really appreciate advice. Hugs.

The paper items I bought I will have to throw out but I will salvage what I can. Too bad as they were cute and unusual....wasted $ but Charlie's health means more

Last edited:

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
pictures please :)
F-10 is a veterinarian sanitizer

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
These are a few. I can wash down the swirly toy with bell but not the paper balls which Charlie would love. Oh well, I will discard those rsz_20170430_184228.jpg

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
The parrots for sale at these expos do not seem that healthy

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
every parrot expo I have ever went, seems that they are getting rid of ill birds.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I think it is best that I not return to expos again. Will wipe down what I can with F10 and get rid of rest.

I wanted to say to people there....do not buy that bird, the cage is too crowded, the birds look sickly, etc

I just couldn't resist a few things though....lesson learned although in the back of my mind I thought it wasn't a good idea at the time

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
@Maxsmom I'm not sure how diy like you are, but the paper poofs are rather easy and I believe I found the tutorial on our DIY forum page.. I know you'll toss those, but maybe you can make your own?

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
@Maxsmom I'm not sure how diy like you are, but the paper poofs are rather easy and I believe I found the tutorial on our DIY forum page.. I know you'll toss those, but maybe you can make your own?
Thanks! Good tip. I just hate that I really wasted $