• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrolet Care Tips

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Anyone have any parrotlet care tips, or general care info for me? I may get a parrolet in a while (If I can get my parents to ok it). Thanks!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ok I'll give you a short list.
-cage-30x18x18 is the smallest, and only that small if he's coming out daily.
- food - mine gets Roudybush crumbles and goldenfeast Australian blend, along with fresh veggies, fruit, and millet
- find a hand tame baby if you can; hand raised does not always mean hand tame.
-be ready to hold him / play with him daily
- be ready to laugh your head off, as they're really very funny

Birdlovesme

Ok thanks for the info, but I don't think my parents will get one for me.. I'll enjoy my budgie instead though!

Grace

Meeting neighbors
Budgies are wonderful little birds so I am sure you will enjoy yours. They need the same large cage, good food and mental stimulation that plets do so you can still get lots of info here for your budgie. One day you can get your own plet :)

Birdlovesme

I acually have a bird,chameleon,geckos,dog, and a hamster. So I'm used to all this... @Grace
:fairy:

Grace

Meeting neighbors
Oh, you have a chameleon? I think they are so cool. I have never kept anything along those lines. I did have turtles when I was a child. They did not live long though. Back then we did not know how to properly care for them.

Birdlovesme

They are pretty cool, if you want more info, @Grace go to chameleon fourms. That's where I ask all of my questions. :fairy2: