• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Parakeet

Sylvester

Hit the Road
How is she doing other than the obvious? Is she breathing, eating, and drinking well? Have you sent this photo over to the vet? Try to email this image to your vet's office and see what they say.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
She looks swollen and could be in egg binding. Please take her to an emergency vet center. In the meantime run the hot shower in your bathroom for steamy air and take her in that room. It could also be a tumor. She really needs a vet. I am sure she must be in alot of pain.

@Hankmacaw .
@rocky'smom

Sylvester

Hit the Road
She looks swollen and could be in egg binding. Please take her to an emergency vet center. In the meantime run the hot shower in your bathroom for steamy air and take her in that room. It could also be a tumor. She really needs a vet. I am sure she must be in alot of pain.

@Hankmacaw .
@rocky'smom
Thank you, Lady Jane.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I agree get to ERvet asap.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Lady Jane You are much more experienced with the littles than I. My guess would be egg bound or a tumor too.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Ok thanks for responding. If it is an egg it could burst and then this bird will die. Only an avian vet can save her.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can you soak her bum in warm water and massage it very carefully, it may help , and if you have any liquid calcium, can you give eat least 2 cc"s orally? she definitely needs a vet, hope shes gonna be ok

curiousic

Moving in
Real Name
Elizabeth Campbell
I can’t get her to a vet until tomorrow evening. But currently I have her in a small travel cage with food and water. It is also placed on a heating mat