1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Parakeet sick

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Ivonne, 7/1/18.

1. Ivonne

Ivonne Checking out the neighborhood

Ivonne
    Had a parakeet sick. She was like having freezing. I don’t had a vet for avian near.

2. Jas

Jas Rollerblading along the road

Jasmine
    Do you have a travel cage or a shoe box? Put some blankets in and try to keep her as warm as possible, you could use a hot water bottle if you have no other heat source, just don't burn her.

Ring up any local vets and ask if they have a vet who is experienced with birds.

She needs to go to vets ASAP

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  3. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    Where in general are you located? Maybe we can help you find a vet. Is she eating or drinking at all? What are her symptoms? Keep her warm and cover part of her cage. I hope she’ll be okay!

SandraK, Lady Jane and Jas like this.
  4. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Dianne
    Tiel Feathers likes this.
  5. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    Do you have a normal vet near? My vet has avian vets who come by, but aren't listed as avian vets themselves. Or they might be able to help you locate one. This is serious, your bird needs to be seen asap.

What's the weather like where you are and what exactly is your bird doing?

6. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Sandra
    Is her cage big or small? If small, put an old towel on the bottom of the cage and put her water & food bowls on the towel. If you have a heating pad (on low) put it under the cage or a hot water bottle. If the cage is small enough to cover, cover 2 sides and the back so the cage is dark to keep her calm.

Poster is, I believe, in Puerto Rico. If you need any information translated to Spanish, say so. Hay varios miembros que hablan espanol y te pueden ayudar. There are several members who speak Spanish and can help you.

Tiel Feathers and Lady Jane like this.
  7. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Dianne
  8. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    She lives in Puerto Rico.

SandraK likes this.
  9. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Sandra
    Did your budgie get very agitated, flapping wings and then get stiff almost like it fainted? I think it might have had a seizure (incautacion) but you need to give us more details if you can. I do not want to make you sad by asking but more information will be able to give members more ideas or suggestions to help your birdie.

Tiel Feathers and Lady Jane like this.
  10. Tiny birb

Tiny birb Meeting neighbors

Aww poor bird hope they feel better :hug8:

11. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

SandraK likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)