• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Parakeet sick

Ivonne

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ivonne
Had a parakeet sick. She was like having freezing. I don’t had a vet for avian near.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Do you have a travel cage or a shoe box? Put some blankets in and try to keep her as warm as possible, you could use a hot water bottle if you have no other heat source, just don't burn her.

Ring up any local vets and ask if they have a vet who is experienced with birds.

She needs to go to vets ASAP

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Where in general are you located? Maybe we can help you find a vet. Is she eating or drinking at all? What are her symptoms? Keep her warm and cover part of her cage. I hope she’ll be okay!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Do you have a normal vet near? My vet has avian vets who come by, but aren't listed as avian vets themselves. Or they might be able to help you locate one. This is serious, your bird needs to be seen asap.

What's the weather like where you are and what exactly is your bird doing?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Is her cage big or small? If small, put an old towel on the bottom of the cage and put her water & food bowls on the towel. If you have a heating pad (on low) put it under the cage or a hot water bottle. If the cage is small enough to cover, cover 2 sides and the back so the cage is dark to keep her calm.

Poster is, I believe, in Puerto Rico. If you need any information translated to Spanish, say so. Hay varios miembros que hablan espanol y te pueden ayudar. There are several members who speak Spanish and can help you.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She lives in Puerto Rico.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Did your budgie get very agitated, flapping wings and then get stiff almost like it fainted? I think it might have had a seizure (incautacion) but you need to give us more details if you can. I do not want to make you sad by asking but more information will be able to give members more ideas or suggestions to help your birdie.