• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

panda orandas eye is gone:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
oh, poor little po. he is our panda oranda, a birthday present for my husband. my husband was feeding the fishes, and freaked out because po is now missing an eyeball:(. thought hubby was gonna cry...acted like he wanted to take it out and hug it:sad4:.
dunno who did it, we are separating them now.
he is such a cute fish still:).

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Im so sorry :(. I would treat with some medicine just to make sure it doesnt get infected :(. Poor little guy.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
What other fish are mixed in there with your Goldfish? Your Oranda is a Fancy Goldfish and is a cold water fish. I hope you don't have tropical fish mixed in with him, because some fish will take eyes out of others.

An injury or fungal infection is also possible to destroy an eye.

I am sorry :(

Annie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annie
Yes an infection could also be the cause. One of my iridescent shark did the same thing one morning...it could be pop eye disease or as we suspect, he bumped himself very hard onto glass. We don't know but eventually the hole heals itself. Now we call him Captain Hook :)

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
the oranda was with other goldfishes, a few other fancies and some comets. we knew the comets would hog food, so we fed the fancies special food and by hand. never thought they would eat his eye, or would never had mixed them. dunno if it could be a fungus, i think for sure someone ate it, as its completely cleanly removed. but he is in the new tank with his fancy friends, swimming happily it seems.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
huh... weird... hope he stays happy and healthy for a long time :)

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
It's highly likely that another fish "took" the eye. If the little guy had an infection, fungal or otherwise, you would have noticed it...if the fish are observed every day. Fish can live long and healthy lives with just one eye...but he will be at a disadvantage if he is tanked with more aggressive fish. The Fancies are slow moving compared to the Comets, so that may continue to cause problems for them...

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw poor little guy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.