• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Owning a wolf hybrid? pros/cons please

Status
Not open for further replies.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
We alway has GSD in the military, and I have bred them. I think they are one of the best breeds. But you need to watch the breeding, some are not breed for the right things:)

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
IMO breed isnt nearly as relevent as her experience as a dog owner. Any breed can be taught to bhave appropriatly with the right owner willing to put in the work and acquire the knowledge to do so.
Its a positive the dog is young, so she can make a good imprint on him as far as dicipline goes rather than trying to erase bad habits before teaching new ones. BUT Wolf Hybrids are known to be high energy, high intelligence, independent stubborn dogs and DO require a very experienced dog owner otherwise they, as any other dog can get out of control.

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
Thank you all, I heard back from my friend and she's decided to not take the dog. Her daughter is autistic and is prone to having sudden outbursts. I'm concerned this could throw off a timid animal and possibly cause fear biting. Her husband already let their friend know. I think she made the best decision for them. I do hope they can find the puppy a good home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.