1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Overly Excited Bird

Discussion in 'Lovebird Lane' started by beans1150, 3/12/18.

1. beans1150

beans1150 Moving in

Janelle
    My little lovebird gets so excited when he eats that I would have to pry him off my when I put the food bowl in (not actually pry but if it wouldn’t hurt him I would!). Today when I was closing the bag of pellets and the cage door was open (it’s usually open and he can come and go as he pleases) he DIVE BOMBED ME which I wasn’t excepting and hurt me and he could’ve gotten hurt too. How do I keep him from getting overly excited/deal with this behaviour?

2. LunaLovebird

LunaLovebird Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

I don’t think you can. You’re just going to have to avoid the situations where he might be tempted to dive bomb you. In other words, when you are dealing with food bags, make sure he is secure in his cage.

beans1150, fluffypoptarts and TikiMyn like this.
  3. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    What happens exactly? He gets excited because of the food? It’s not completely clear to me, but if he gets excited when you fill his food bowl, make sure to do that away from him and your problem is solved! Are you sure he is a healthy weight? Or does it only happen with favorite treats?

beans1150 likes this.
  4. beans1150

beans1150 Moving in

Janelle
    He just gets excited anytime he sees any food (pellets, treats or a seed mix). Even if he sees the bags he goes nuts. I think he’s a pretty good weight?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)