• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Over the moon happy! Yeah Paco!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
There are limited brands that freeze with no added stuff. I must have looked silly trying to find the label that says JUST the food.

I try to just buy organic for parrots. Mainly because they are so tiny..... I also bought organic for grandsons for the same reason.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I try to buy organics too! I have a difficult time shopping & shop in a small grocery store so there's not always an option. I can get it sometimes but it's like apples & maybe cauliflower. I'm sort of glad he doesn't prefer frzn because I prefer fresh too! But there is times where it works the best like white rice or ckn rice. He still only eats some of it because hes focused on the wet warm rice ball. :lol: Every time I see it I think of bird puke!

:hug8:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
oh organic food is over priced here in the states. I always read labels anyway or just buy food at the farmers market down the street. How do you make a rice ball?

Paco does enjoy cauliflower rice too.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Rice is ok once in awhile but not all the tume as it absorbs arsenic that naturally occurs in the ground. There are some types that are better than others. Brown rice is one I believe.

@Clueless do you know? If not I need to tag Shawna. I'm pretty sure she knows.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I feed my guys cooked quinoa, not rice. I think I read something that turned me away from rice.

Tag Shawna to find out.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I only feed him brown rice and not often. I don't know how to tag someone.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Usually to tag it's the "@" sign a space & their id as you type the 1st few letters a pic will pop up under their id... You can use me to experiment so if something goes wrong there will be no worries. It's been working funny this week, probably due to group forum updates. It won't take affect until you hit the "post reply" button.

There's a space between the rain & bow part of my id.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Well shoot, I was doing that to respond to people, I didn't know it tagged them. I feel stupid.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
@BertAllen Yes it does! LOL Pace improves every day. I admit I get jelly with your baby, I have never had a parrot that was that young. I do enjoy the process though of an older bird and enhancing their life.