• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Out with the old, in with the new!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I feel like I accomplished so much today! In 2 hours I gathered up 8 huge garbage bags of clothes and shoes and dropped them off in a donation him.

This is huge for me because I have a bit of a hoarding problem when it comes to clothes. :shy: I always think to myself that I just may wear that one piece one day, or that I could sell it on eBay or...

At first it was very difficult and I almost didn't do it (again) but once I got started I got on a roll, and it feels really good to have less stuff. I still have a ton of clothes but it's a start. A great start to the new year!

Best wishes to all of you, and your fids, in the coming new year! :starshower1:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good job.
I dumped off a bunch of things at Goodwill and Salvation Army....5 trips worth. Just kept finding more "stuff" that I knew I didn't need.
Wishing you and yours a good new year, too.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Not to burst your bubble — but I cleared out a ton of clothes at the beginning of our remodel. I think 2 months ago? Or 3?
I just had a lady put me together a ‘capsule’ wardrobe. Clothes are on the way!:giggle:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Not to burst your bubble — but I cleared out a ton of clothes at the beginning of our remodel. I think 2 months ago? Or 3?
I just had a lady put me together a ‘capsule’ wardrobe. Clothes are on the way!:giggle:
You're not bursting my bubble. That's awesome!! What is a "capsule wardrobe" though? :joyful:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What is a "capsule wardrobe" though? :joyful:
It’s a small number of pieces that work together — to create a wardrobe. I think I got 10 pcs, tops, a maxi skirt, a dress, leggings. Seems like 1 more skirt too. I wear dresses a lot, they’re cooler since it’s so hot here.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
It’s a small number of pieces that work together — to create a wardrobe. I think I got 10 pcs, tops, a maxi skirt, a dress, leggings. Seems like 1 more skirt too. I wear dresses a lot, they’re cooler since it’s so hot here.
That's a fantastic concept! All you really need is a few good staples :)