• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our newest family member due to join us next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
We will wait until after Monday Billiefaye and see how John fares and then decide on the next plan of action.
Today another appointment came for another hospital to sort out his kidney stent in July.
Took all day contacting them to tell them it was being done on Monday, their appointment was not until July. Do not think the left hand knows what the right is doing any longer in our NHS. It is now cancelled and can be offered to someone else.
Chaz has two more feathers on his chest and they look lovely!:)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Today our local news was all about a German Shepherd of just two yrs old that had been left in its home and the owner left. The Council found it dead from lack of food and water and everyone is naturally horrified.
I look at our darling Max of the same age and want to cry that anyone could do that to such a wonderful animal or any animal come to think of it.
all day today I have cuddled him and been thankful he has someone to love him and care for him and know that could never happen in his case. :(

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
How could someone do that????? :mad: I don't understand the mentality of some of our fellow human beings.

meaggiedear

Real Name
Meagan
Today our local news was all about a German Shepherd of just two yrs old that had been left in its home and the owner left. The Council found it dead from lack of food and water and everyone is naturally horrified.
I look at our darling Max of the same age and want to cry that anyone could do that to such a wonderful animal or any animal come to think of it.
all day today I have cuddled him and been thankful he has someone to love him and care for him and know that could never happen in his case. :(
that is terribly sad. :(

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
So sad :( Some people are so cruel! Giving Jake some extra hugs tonight.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Trying to think kindly and thinking what if a relationship had broken up and that was the reason for the moving out of the house.Could it be that both partners thought the other one was taking care of the dog? A picture of the beautiful animal showed he had been well cared for previously and not neglected in any way. If I go to the bathroom without Max he ends up crying outside the door waiting for me to come out! If a door is not locked he will open it to follow me should I go outside without him.
None of us can remember the day we did not have him in our lives. it all comes down to the cruelty of mankind yet again.:(

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I love singing around the house whilst working and kick up quite a noise! Beau our sheltie always joins in and ruins the tune even more, between us you could say we murder it! Well now Max has decided not to be left out in the cold and also joins in by barking, what a noise the three of us make.:hehe:
Max is still growing, no idea when it is going to stop but he is looking well now.
As I type this he is lying behind my computer chair and waiting for me to make my next move.
He is now like a vacuem cleaner with his two meals a day and never leaves a crumb behind.
He is beginning to muscle up and hopefully fill out a bit. Soon as I have my camera back in action will be able to post more pics of him and be able to tell how much more he has grown. :)

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
:hehe: ... and do the parrots join in with you. Beau and Max? :lol: Glad Max is looking so good now with an appetite to match! :cool1:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Scooby one of the Greys loves to sing in a what I call operatic voice. She even throws in a wobble here and there! Leroy ends up yelling Shut up! So between the lot of us this is quite a crazy house most of the time, but happy!:dance4:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
max had a good grooming this afternoon with the Ferminator and it took me a few hours to complete. His old coat came out in handfuls and tonight he is tuckered out and sleeping with one eye open incase I move anywhere without him.
He enjoys a few sticks of chews in the evening as a treat with the other three but tonight he was nearly too tired to eat them. That makes me laugh as it takes a lot to really wear him out!:D

mosemom

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Wishing you all the best:hug8: with your new family member! Can't wait to see pics, I love german shepherds, they are so beautiful and intelligent.:heart:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Max has settled in so well and is a fast learner. He is still growing like mad and no idea how much larger he is going to be ending up. His appetite has now settled into a healthy eating pattern and is down to two meals a day with him being like a vacuem cleaner.
The love of his life is playing ball games and he knows he has to bring the ball back and drop it at my feet before it will get thrown for him again. He seems to dance along and is so quick on his feet with his coat just floating around him it is a joy to watch.
I am amazed at the intelligence he does show, and seems to know what we are talking about. Still getting used to having him velcrode to my side and it can be frustrating if I am in a hurry to have to move around or even over him to get to where I want! Would not have it any other way though. :D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Well today the District nurse called to sort out John and his problems and I was so pleased that I had managed to fill in a muddy hole in our lawn that Max our German Shepherd had dug out last night. Think he was digging to get to Australia but what a mess. He was bored with no games with a ball and the weather was dreadful so can't blame him really!
In bad weather just wish his feet were not so big to leave their muddy footprints on the floor whilst coming in and out. Then he cannot help the way he is made can he?:D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
John bought me a new digital camera this morning and thought once it was charged up could take some snaps of our Max to post but guess what? He is so velcrode to my side I cannot get away far enough to get him into focus.
Going to have to get John or Steve to take the snaps of him and hope he will allow them to! :dance4:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
So looking forward to the pictures!!!!! FANTASTIC about the new camera!!!!!
:dance4::hug8::heart:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Going to see if I can load up some pics for you all to see. Here goes. IMG_0008.jpg
That one was not too bad to load up so lets try another. IMG_0012.jpg
Going to try one more of the front garden and Lucky our sheepdog. IMG_0020.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
All three dogs are beautiful! What a great area to run in!

Matt

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
My lawn has been burnt back in patches but will hopefully soon recover now the rain has come back! They love running on the caravan site and chasing a ball.
Tonight Max STOLE a plate of cooked sausages off our dining room table and John caught him licking his lips. Would not have been so bad if he had been hungry but I had not long fed them all.! He is so huge and can see across the table without any effort to from now on I will have to put the food away earlier.
My older three would never take anything and I had forgotten he is not trained like them!
Still love him to bits though and nice to see his halo can slip a little at times!:D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Off to buy some spot on for the four of the dogs incase of any stray fleas around. Looking at the calender they are now due for the next treatment.
Will also worm them all as that has to be done regularly to keep them all clear. This is going to be fun!:D
Grooming them is easy until it comes to Beau our sheltie's turn. John has to first help me find him (he runs and hides when he sees the brushes and combs and clippers coming out) Afterwards he is so happy and content, but what a palava before.
Someone remind me why we put ourselves through all of this ?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.