• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our newest family member due to join us next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
This was not planned by us but has happened anyway. Always think it is happening for a reason and not for us to wonder why but to go along with it.A dear friend of ours lost her husband suddenly and although he was wheelchair bound it was not expected. She had a nervous breakdown after this sad event and we helped to support her through the darkest days. She then had a German shepherd puppy to add to the two dogs she already had and seemed to be making a life for herself. She moved to Oxford to be back near her family and we kept in touch. Now her German Shepherd Max is fifteen months old and so big and strong has been difficult for her to control with her having some condition in both arms that make it impossible to hold him.
She went onto Face book to say she was having to look for a new home for Max because of this.
We needed something to get us out and about again and offered to have him. Come Monday we travel up to Oxford to bring Max back down to Wales and a new life with us at 15months old. Our three dogs are all old age pensioners (like us) and the thought of no pet within the next few years filled us with dread. This way we help our friend out, she is over the moon to know he is coming to us as she knows us and how he will be treated. We will also take on the training up and day to day caring of her beloved Max.
Our family so far have not been told! My close friends think we are completely mad and lost our marbles but I am not worried as we need to have something during the day time to keep us fit and hopefully regain our full health. Wish us all the luck in the world that this is going to succeed and we will all be happy. max will get all the love this family can offer and I am sure the rest of the pets will welcome him with open paws!
He has never met a bird so that is going to be something to introduce him to quietly I am thinking!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations. I'm sure you will all benefit from this.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! It sounds like this will be good for all involved!

Matt

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Congrats!! :dance4:

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats, look forward to seeing pictures of Max

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Thanks for you kind words, will be posting pics of Max as soon as I am able to. He is a long haired German Shepherd and just beautiful. Apparently he just loves a lot of love and gives a lot as well. I am thinking poor Mags has done all the hard puppy growing up work and we will be reaping the benefits from it all. He has always been clean in the house and that is nice to know!
He barkes at the sweeper and any machinery switched on so will be in competition with our sheepdog lucky who just hates any machine that makes a noise.
Can see we are all going to be happily mad together!:D

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Congratulations Ann - looking forward to meeting Max!! :heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics of him.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Oh boy! Like having a new baby in the house!:rofl: I'm excited for you and John...and worried too...Training is going to be a big part for all of you because we all know how "puppies" can get excited and bound about the house with energy...I don't want you two knocked over and hurt!!!;) Looking forward to hear about MAX and seeing his picture!:dance5::hug8::heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations..what a happy day for Max!@!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
know where you are coming from Billiefaye and of course you are right. Two things to put into the mix, one if he manages to knock me over then I am in big trouble! My size for a start would make it a huge task! Secondly we have grown up with dogs living with us and even in the old days attended the training classes with some. We tend to grow together and train each other, do you know what I mean? I will not put up with a badly behaved dog, never have, they are a joy to be around if treated right and trained accordingly. Apparently he loves to please and to be loved so we are half way there! just wish us luck and hope you will not be saying "I told you so"!
We have to move forward and not doing enough out and about so this is going to get us moving hopefully.:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Ann you and your husband certainly are an inspiration that you are never too old to open your hearts to animals in need. Cant wait to see this lucky little beauty. :hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
No not wonderful but what is the saying? No fool like an old fool? Not worried though as I am sure both Max and we are going to benefit from this relationship. Looking forward to the long trip on Monday to go and pick him up!:)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8::hug8:wonderful ann

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Just spare us a thought on Monday coming when we will be making about a five hour journey to pick him up, stopping for a meal and rest and then heading straight back home in the same day. Just think this is definately going to be fun!:)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Today we pick up Max's new collar and identity disc from our Vet's as it is needed by law in Britain, for them to be wearing one. Will then go and do some essential shopping like a new bed for him and some food and marrow bones for them all to have a go at.
Yesterday I pressure washed down our garden paths and went to bed pooped but happy. We are going to be so good for one another!:dance4:

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
Congrats to Max!!! He is very lucky to have you and John, such good people :) :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.