• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our new family members...(the party favor fish)

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Well she got her fish from the Birthday Party, I wasn't happy about it but it wasn't my decision. Anyway we went out and got a 10 gallon tank and a friend for Goldie, her name for the fish, lol His buddies name is Sharky (the one with the black on his head)

Unfortunately they are comet Goldfish and I read they will need at least a 55 gallon tank in the future. But hopefully for now the 10 gallon is sufficient as those supplies cost her over $75 already.

Anyway here are the fishies, they are very cute and my nieces first pets. She says good morning and good night to them and even feeds them daily with our supervision. We gave them some broccoli last night which they loved.

fishandlinnies025.jpg fishandlinnies034.jpg fishandlinnies065.jpg fishandlinnies031.jpg fishandlinnies030.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oh they are so cute together!!! :heart:

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
They look very nice! In the end they'll actually need 125g or larger, most people just find a pond for them. I did that with my nephew's goldfish he won at the fair this year. I let him release them in my friend's pond. Either way they'll be fine for a few months at least in a 10g.

lolajenday

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
That's a nice set up. As long as you don't over feed and keep up with water changes they will be ok for a while.
We have a fair that comes to town every year and its right across the street from where I work( petsmart) and this year they were giving away comet goldfish as prizes. I must have waited on at least 20 people a day who won them. I felt bad for the people who won them for their kids and I had to tell them that the fish were probably going to die because they were not meant to live in little bowls. I did have a few customers who bought 10 gallon tanks for them. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376327671.212700.jpg
The fish in this picture are comets except the orange and black one. They are about 5 years old. I just wanted to give people a idea of how big they get when they are in the proper environment..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
They look very nice. However they will quickly outgrow this tank, and keeping it clean will be a big chore.The glass baubles on the bottom are going to trap detritus, so weekly cleaning under this will be important. A 29 gallon would suffice for awhile. I imagine this tank is not cycled? You will need at least the basic titration test kits to monitor the tank while it is cycling, or these fish will die. I like API test kits, they are fairly accurate and affordable. I recommend you get these kits- ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and PH. Along with that get a decent sized bottle of Prime. And have her join Koko's, or you do it. There you can read up on how to cycle an aquarium, plus you have members for support and learning. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions please.
Here is Koko's
Kokos Goldfish Forum