• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures our new addition

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Oh wow congrats! She's beautiful!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! She's very pretty!

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
What a sweet pretty face. Congrats

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Maroon belly? Cutie!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I love new babies!!! Congratulations

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Have a soft spot for Conures! :fairy2: Errr... Pilo does too! Especially female ones! :rolleyes::xflove:

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
So cute!

sylven

Meeting neighbors
just a update on this bird!! she is fantastic, steps up no problem, took her in the kitchen today on my shoulder, put her on the bench, started washing some plates had to get them out sharpish as she went straight in the sink :rofl:, its as though we have owned her for years , the wife had her sitting on her chest for 3 hours, stroking her, talking to her, then i came home & she flew to me in a instant:) , the wife wasn't too pleased :rofl:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Such a beauty :)

sylven

Meeting neighbors
well this hasn't turned out well :laugh:, she is now biting & nipping at every opportunity & going for the dog & i mean attacking! :jawdrop1:, just putting it down to being a young bird though , some training needed perhaps ( hurts my fingers though :) i will get there;))

Last edited:

Hope

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hope
All babies around this age "teethe" and test their boundaries. I have a 13 week old sun conure who going through a bitey stage. I just redirect his attention. GCCs are known to be nippy, in general, but they are so quirky. I love them. :)

sylven

Meeting neighbors
well , just a update, the dog & bird are now "best pals" they both play on the floor with tennis balls :rofl:, as for the biting , well i started just popping her back in the cage when she nipped with a firm "no", now when i see she is about to bite ( normally first thing in the morning when i let her out , shes a bit hyper) i just say "no" & she flys away to the settee or somewhere, then comes back & we start playing again, i love this bird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug8:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Please do not let your bird play with your dog. No matter how much they seem to be friends, that is a recipe for disaster. The dog could very easily harm the bird with a paw, or worse tooth, and dog saliva carries bacteria that could make your bird very sick.

sylven

Meeting neighbors
Please do not let your bird play with your dog. No matter how much they seem to be friends, that is a recipe for disaster. The dog could very easily harm the bird with a paw, or worse tooth, and dog saliva carries bacteria that could make your bird very sick.
never unsupervised & they dont kiss ;), i have owned birds & dogs for years mate ( boxers ) i now have a pug, they are fine , honestly

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
As I said in your other thread, nothing bad happens...until it happens. And then it cannot be undone. Over confidence puts your lovely bird at unecessary risk. Harm does not have to be intentional. You might want to read up on bacteria in dog saliva...they don't have to kiss. The bacteria can be transferred on the ball. Your choice of course but why take risks that are totally unecessary?