• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Little Ones Have Arrived

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They both look great. They are lucky to have survived the trip and wound up with you since you knew how to care for them.
How were they shipped? I looked at some of the reviews and it seems that he is shipping via USPS.
I don't agree with selling unweaned babies unless person has a lot of hand feeding experience and especially don't agree with shipping unweaned babies.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Glad they are doing well. And they are soooooooo cute.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They are adorable and I’m glad they are in safe hands! Good job getting two caiques instead of one! I regret not doing this. Be careful that the formula is not too hot. I’ve heard horror stories of burned crops. Thank you for publishing the breeder info. I wish there was a way to hold him accountable.

Kiko&Mango

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tyler
I wish there was a way to hold him accountable.
We do too. That's why we posted here. With 250 characters on the website, it's hard to accurately provide a review of what happened. It was worth a shot though. We feel very blessed that they are doing as well as they are.

Kiko&Mango

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tyler
August 13 Update - Mango and Kiko have been fully weaned (thank goodness!!) and are completely eating on their own. They love apples and sweet corn and are learning to eat other fruits and veggies along with pellets. They have found a particular love of flying from couch to couch. Mango particularly enjoys playing on her back, and Kiko seems to be showing interest that as well. They've stopped their hunger screaming and are making wonderful baby noises, which our ear drums (and probably the neighbors) are very thankful for! Since we've had them, they've close to doubled in weight - Mango currently weighs 138 g and Kiko weighs in at 145 g (she is learning to exercise more). They've come such a long way and seem very happy in their environment. Here are a few recent pictures!!

birdies6.jpg birdies5.jpg
Mango (bottom) & Kiko (top)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwwww.

rockoko