• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannuck

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Danielle
This is our kitten Duster! He is the most amazing cat I have ever known! He is gentle and sweet! Does'nt even try to eat our birds! (I would still never trust him, he is a cat afterall!):p

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
he is adorable I love the 1st pic :D

Don't feel bad I have a Hunting dog who walks past Squirrels and birds like they're not even there :D she'd rather watch them play then chase them down lol

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Duster is beautiful. I love his coloring

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a beautiful face!!! :heart:

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
awwww! So cute. Is he a Ragdoll?

I hope you don't mind my mentioning this: A lot of people don't realize it but yarn balls, string and ribbon are very dangerous to cats. I worked at a vets office and I've seen cats that've had their guts knotted up because of this, it's life threatening and an expensive surgery. They like to chew on it but once it gets on the tongue the barbs on their tongue won't allow them to spit it out, they have to keep swallowing it.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
aww hes adorable

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Duster is soo cute!!

What age is he?

Cannuck

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Danielle
awwww! So cute. Is he a Ragdoll?

I hope you don't mind my mentioning this: A lot of people don't realize it but yarn balls, string and ribbon are very dangerous to cats. I worked at a vets office and I've seen cats that've had their guts knotted up because of this, it's life threatening and an expensive surgery. They like to chew on it but once it gets on the tongue the barbs on their tongue won't allow them to spit it out, they have to keep swallowing it.

Yes he is a ragdoll. My husband is a cat person but I have always been terrified of having a cat because of my birds. We researched breeds and found ragdolls. I am piloting an animal therapy program and they fit in there perfectly, sooo we haave a ragdoll in the house now.
And no I do not mind you mentioning about the yarn at all! He was not supposed to have that yarn, it was supposed to be in my basket on top of the table! :lol:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
oh my gosh, what a sweet, sweet, SWEET kitty!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awwww....What a beautiful kitty Duster is! Reminds me of my twins, Fred and Ethel.

Quest

Real Name
Judy
AWWW. What a sweetie!:swoon:

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
He is ADORABLE!!! :heart: I love ragdolls, they're gorgeous cats.

Cannuck

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Danielle
He is ADORABLE!!! :heart: I love ragdolls, they're gorgeous cats.

The thing that really sold me on the ragdolls was their low prey drive. They are still cats and still "might" attack a bird so common sense stilll applies, however they are not as likely to hunt your birds until you have none left:eek:

This also makes them perfect for my therapy project because they so not play with their claws like other cats and when you pick them up they go limp (thus the name I would assume). In my program the animals have to be calm and adjusted enough for children to handle them safely. Most cats by nature are very independent and anti social with the high noise and activity level of young children, especially young children with autism. The fur is very plush and soft making it the perfect fur for tactile therapy as well as very calming to brush and they love to be brushed! They are not loud cats, not climbers and pretty much very calm and even tempered. The only beef I have with Duster so far is that he won't leave my yarn alone! Wherever I hide it, he finds it!:hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.