• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our horrendous day today, do now wish to have a repeat of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am hurting for you over here and feel every bit of the sadness along with you. We must remind ourselves that we do for them because we have to as they have done for us many days and many years. Be strong for her and your Hubby. I send you hugs of many to help you through today. :hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Have to let my friends know that today is a sad sad day for all of our family.
Billa our Vet called with one of her nurses at 10am this morning and put both Lucky and our darling little Beau to sleep. They were both ill and not going to improve despite treatment being given. After a sleepless night and realising Beau would be heartbroken without Lucky it was decided quality over quantity of life and they go to sleep together. We are having a machine in to dig their grave and bury them together in the morning.
Both John and I have bricks swinging in our chests but it has to be faced and dealt with. Please do not think any the less of us for having to do this,but a decision had to be made and I have done that.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Oh Ann, I am so very sorry for both your losses :( How heartbreaking :(

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Ann, I am very sorry for your and John's losses. Please remember that they lived great lives with you.

Matt

Sassyjaygrl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
I feel that we treat our pets better than we do humans, letting a pet go with diginity instead of laying around and unable to get up and eat puuting in tubes. You made the right decission for the pets and you.

I am so sorry for your losses.

here:

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with
them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their
heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I
will become as generous and loving as they are." -Unknown

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
thank you for your kind thoughts. We are just ticking over but know it was the right thing to do, just have to stay strong for the rest of the family.
Worried that John is not able to eat anything and with his diabetes he should, still perhaps later he will try something.
Both Bonnie and Max are already looking for them, but just hope we can get through tomorrow and then start to move forward again. :hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Ann, I must deeply apologize that I missed this thread with everything going on here. I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart just aches for you and John. Take comfort that we can at least give our friends the gift of passing on with out pain. I hope in time that your sorrow will lessen and you will only remember the happy times of your furry friends. Sending tight cyber hugs.
Lucky and Beau may you run the green fields and drink from the cool streams at Rainbow Bridge.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Thank you Judy, it is a hard day but has to be faced somehow.
If we are feeling so devastated over the loss of our beloved pets, how much worse must it feel to have lost a member of your family? There are so many a lot worse off than us. :hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh my no words right now...................:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am so sorry Ann:hug8:

ThatDarnBird

Oh Ann :sad4: I am so sorry. It was so selfless of you to let those two dear friends go together, you were very strong to do this for them. Be at peace Lucky & Beau and watch over your heart sore family, they love you and miss you.

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
I just saw this Ann... I´m very sorry about Lucky... :hug8::hug8:

Last edited:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
oh hun you finaly made a decision you heart told you to , and it was done at home which is better i hope you feal my arms comforting you I know it hurts bad but just think they are well gods arms were ready to bring them home there healthy again and looking down on you saing ty dont cry were all better and were alive in your heart
big hugs for all family take time to heal

hugssssssssss doll

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
My sincere condolences on the loss of your two friends. May your pain be eased by thoughts of them running free together over the bridge. :hug8:

adinafloyd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Adina
I am so sorry for the pain you and your family are going thru. Sending my prayers :sadhug2::sadhug2:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss.

southernbirds

Dear Ann,
I just saw the news. My sincere condolences to you & John. Your Vet Bella gave you comfort in helping you reach a very humane decision. I'm glad for your beloved animals that they were able to sleep together in peace. It reminds me of a poem by Robert Burns.
I wish you both peace of mind. Godspeed!

mosemom

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Thank you Judy, it is a hard day but has to be faced somehow.
If we are feeling so devastated over the loss of our beloved pets, how much worse must it feel to have lost a member of your family? There are so many a lot worse off than us. :hug8:
Ann, you DID lose 2 members of yur family. While they aren't flesh and blood human family, there ARE your children/friends in every way. You and John have every right to mourn and grieve during this awful loss. I am so very sorry for you all. You made the very best decision for all of you, including Lucky and Beau. Sometimes, our pets *get* us way more than another person ever could. They don't give advice, no matter how well meaning, they don't judge and they accept everything about us without question. They listen to us and carry us through the hardest parts with just the look in their eyes. Try to be at peace, just as they are now. You loved and were loved in return. That, in the end, is ALL that matters. Love is the greatest of all.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.