• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our horrendous day today, do now wish to have a repeat of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
well not for awhile anyway. Lucky our thirteen yr old welsh sheepdog was off her food this morning and while grooming her,found she had a swollen lump on her udder and looked like mastitus, Rang our vet and they fitted her in for 4.30pm today. We had an awful day telling the family and Steve walked home in her lunch hour to say his last goodbyes to her incase it should be the end.
Billa our Vet after examination put her on a pain killer and antibiotic and we go back next Monday to see how it is all going. She says it is unusual for a spayed dog to have mastitus but it is what is causing it that is a worry. At least for now we are biding time and giving Lucky a chance to fight this. It might still come down to us having to put her to sleep but at least we can explore every avenue first to make sure.
Her temperature is already down and she is no longer panting with the pain. She has eaten her evening meal and tried to take food from all of the other dishes as per normal, so things are looking better already.:)
With her abdominal op all those years ago they had to remove one of her ovaries because of a growth on it and considering we have had her all these years since free of anything suppose you can say we have had a good run for our money,but we are never ever going to be ready to say our goodbyes.

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Poor thing, that sounds painful. I hope she continues to improve :hug8:

mosemom

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Sending prayers for fast healing for poor little girl and for her family. :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8::hug8:I'm so sorry to hear this Ann. Many prayers and good thoughts coming.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Gosh hope she improves more...:hug8:

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
My thoughts are with you guys.:hug8:Remember, not all bumps are tumors and not all tumors are cancer.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hope she feels better :heart:
:hug8: for you, Ann!

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Ann, I am so sorry Lucky is not well and in pain. I'll be praying for you all. Her name is appropriate because she is one Lucky dog to have you all as a family. Hugs to all of you.

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Awww poor thing. I hope it's nothing serious and she makes a full and quick recovery! :hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Thank you all. She is catching up on her sleep at the moment and eaten a good evening meal so things are brighter for awhile.
Not getting my hopes up too much as have seen it happen so many times in the past and know that with her age and not really knowing what is causing this lump and pain it is going to be bad news in the end.
She has had a lucky life like her name and we love her to bits, but we have to be realistic about this and know when enough is enough. if she continues to eat her food Ok and is free of pain she can have as big a lump as she wants as long as she stays with us longer.

illuminati

Walking the driveway
I hope for the best for your little friend!!...We brought a real Christmas tree this year into the house for the first time around my 4 year old Irish Setter and came home and her eyes were very messed up/glazed over and found out it was allergies from the tree not that this is related but I know what type of panic it can cause...

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Thank you one and all for your kind words and understanding. I am kicking myself that I missed this happening to her until I did realise. I am not as good a mum as I used to be with the not noticing sooner. Now I am on her case is a different matter, but no excuse for me.
She will be watched like a hawk from here on in! Between Beau our sheltie still having eye drops and cream and now Lucky her two medications twice a day, it feels more like a hospital ward atmosphere again! At least that is something I am used to and can cope with.
Decided before our trip to the Vet yesterday to leave Chaz out in his box's as he was a lot happier than put back in his cage and going ape. They were left with the lights on and TV and door closed from the dogs, so nothing could happen to them. He hardly noticed we had gone and the boxes were a lot more lacy by the time we got back! With each cage having a metal clip on their doors with a very strong spring, he was unable to leave anyone else out. Each catch on each cage had all been opened though. The extra clips are the job with him!:D

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
I'm sorry to hear about Lucky and her health scare. my prayers are with her :hug8: And Tank extends big leaning hug and nose kiss. You've been so encouraging and helpful with Tank, and I only wish the best

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh Ann, I feel you on this one and I am sorry to hear. Hang in there, it's so •••• hard but you have to. :hug8:Hugs and hugs to both of you.

Last edited:

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Oh Ann that sucks you can count on me and my family to say some prayers for your lucky and your famil we all know it hits us pet parronts hard.:( As for me I give you all big hugs and words of hope.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Thinking of you this morning :hug8::hug8::hug8:.

Status
Not open for further replies.