• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our flock is doing good!

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
We have 5 parakeets, 4 years and younger. Lovebird, 9 months. Pineapple conjure, 7 months.
  • We decided to do a minor trim on everyone's nails, except the lovebird. Last times we toweled Polka, female budgie, and she was so mad at us, bit me hard a few times, and lost trust. This time I decided to not towel her, thinking hopefully that she will be not so scared. It worked, she stayed calm and didn't bite me at all. I was able to hand feed her after too. All my birds did great without a towel.
  • BB, lovebird, has been letting us pet his head a bit this past month. Yesterday, while I was petting him, he was closing his eyes for the first time. It was so nice to see he being more comfortable with me. I had to take him to a different room to spend this time with him, he is distracted with our conure when I try to bond with him
  • Ellie, our conure, keeps going into our budgies cage to play, eat, and eat. The budgies don't seem to care because they continue doing their own thing. Of course our lovebird follows our conjure in there too. I keep taking them out, but it does get annoying. It nice to see them share everything without issue. Hopefully Ellie, conure, continues to be nice as she gets older.
I am so happy that everyone is getting along. When our conure first met our budgies, our female budgie tried to attack our conure a couple of times on the first day they were out together. After that no issue. We are ready to make changes with them if they start to not get along in the future.

Any ideas to keep them out of each others cage? The parakeets go into the conure's cage too. Right now, I see that all the birds are in the budgies cage.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's great that everyone is getting along. Be sure to monitor them. To keep them out of each others' cages you would probably have to close the cages or closely supervise and stop them from doing that. Sorry don't have any other suggestions. If the cages are open then they have the opportunity to go inside if that's what they choose to do.