• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Christmas Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
How did your visit with Tank go yesterday?
Unfortunately the person who was supposed to be relieving me from work was running late so I didn't have time between class and school to drop by :'( Rob will pick him up from the vet today around lunch time and he'll be waiting for me when I get home form work. I can't wait to see my puppers!

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
I just got a text from Rob who picked Tank up from the vet. He said Tank looks great and was SO happy to see him. We got some prednazone and pictures of the xrays on a disc, so I'll be able to post pictures of those so you all can see!
In one month Tank will go back for another shot, and will have one more after that.

Last edited:

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Here are the Xrays!
Below are the first xrays, taken on December 28th
Dec28_1.PNG Dec28_2.PNG
You can definitely see the very large (to me anways) bone fragments in there, as well as the titanium rod and tie that was used. You can also see that there is no healing (if there was, you'd see a more white-ish cloud showing calcification)

Here are the xrays from yesterday
Feb13_1.PNG Feb13_2.PNG Feb13_3.jpg

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
That is AMAZING!

I wonder if getting him on a better diet and just better care in general has given him what he needs to start healing?

Give the big guy a hug for me.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Healing has many facets...this is just but one example. Such good news and that big boy looks great. Now, do NOT get him to appropriate weight. He needs to be a little on the lighter side to prevent too much strain on the joints. You don't see fat athletes and those with joint issues do so much better to the light side. Ask Lois...she did people rehab nursing.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
THat is so true, the under the normal weight and healthy is going to be much better for Tank. Know nothing about his breed so what are their tendencies normally? Some breeds you have to watch their weight more than others as they tend to put on easier?
He lookes so peaceful when asleep and such a beautiful face, have fallen for him hook , line and sinker!:heart::hug8::heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I love him.:heart::hug8:

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Tank is doing really well! Yesterday when I took him out to go potty I had to calm him down because he just wanted to PLAY! He was prancing his little hiny around like a little puppy. I'll have to get some pictures!

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I'm happy to hear he is doing so well!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.