• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Christmas Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Best wishes for tomorrow! I am sure that everything will go well!

Matt

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Will also have you in my prayers for today and will be waiting to hear the news all is well. :hug8:Give Tank a big sloppy kiss from me!:heart:

lolajenday

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
I wish you the best of luck with the surgery. Tank will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Once he had healed he will feel so much betters and he will finally be able to enjoy the great life he has with you. Thank you for everything you are doing for him. I dont think too many people would have done what you are doing for Tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Good luck today!

Matt

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
So today is the day we take Tank for his surgery.
I hates the fact I couldn't be there to drop him off due to work. I helped him into the car and gave him a big kiss and rubbed him down. He knew something was up and I explained it all to him. I was really teary eyed during my drive to work.

So I'm at work and my phone is buzzing in my pocket with multiple calls. Work is really busy so I can't answer the phone. Right as I try to finish up the task I'm doing 5 more pile on and my pocket is still buzzing frantically. Policy is we can't even look at our phones at the front desk - we have to wait until things slow down to walk to a back office to check.

I'm terrified something has gone wrong. There's more news to come...

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Sweetie can someone fill in for you for 10 minutes so you can take your call? Surely they would understand your anxiety.

Ginger

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Or since you can be online, can they email you there?

Ginger

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
and so here's the news:
TANK DOESN'T NEED THE SURGERY ANYMORE!!!!
I'm so absolutely elated!!!! Now we'll be able to get those heart worms taken care of with the donations we were given!!!
I'm so amazed. The xrays that we had done showed no calcification of the bone whatsoever despite it being months since the injury occured, and now it's healing!!!!
Tank is still underweight - amazingly even though he looks 100xs better, he's only gained one pound and weighs 105lbs now. We'll get that taken care of though! Tank is having his first heart worm shot today and will be spending the night at the vets. We'll be able to stop by and visit him after work to reassure him that we're still there for him. I can imagine that since last time he had to spend the night he ended up staying for a month that he'll be happy to see us even though he's going to be in pain. Hopefully it'll help lift his spirits and speed up his healing.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is awesome news!!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am glad for you, however, don't you think it would be good manners to contact all the people who donated for his surgery and ask if it would be okay to use it for his heart worm treatment?

Ginger

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
I am glad for you, however, don't you think it would be good manners to contact all the people who donated for his surgery and ask if it would be okay to use it for his heart worm treatment?

Ginger
Absolutely. I'm doing that now. The sites that they all donated through let them know of both issues, so they're already familiar with it.

kackels

Real Name
Kakie Currey
That's awesome!

The way I looked at it was the donation was to help with his vet care, if it was surgery or heart worm treatment or something else, it still falls under the vet care!

But I am soooo happy that he doesn't have to have another surgery!!!!

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Only about 20 more minutes until I get to head on to visit Tank ^_^ I can't wait to be there and comfort him knowing that he's healing and getting all of his needs taken care of!

Here's what Rob posted on facebook:
My sincerest gratitude and appreciation for Jessica Holler's work and all of the donors' kind blessings that have literally saved Tank's life. The phone call from the vet this morning saying that Tank's femur has extraordinarily improved and that he no longer needs surgery had me wondering if I could be dreaming.

His first weigh in was 104, this morning only 105, so the heart worms are more than likely drastically impeding his muscle building and healing. Once we get rid of the worms, though, he should be ready to go! Just last week I saw him for the first time prancing for just a second, and am overjoyed in his physical and emotional improvement. Again, thank you everyone so very much for past and future assistance, we wouldn't have accomplished this rescue without you.

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Only about 20 more minutes until I get to head on to visit Tank ^_^ I can't wait to be there and comfort him knowing that he's healing and getting all of his needs taken care of!

Here's what Rob posted on facebook:
My sincerest gratitude and appreciation for Jessica Holler's work and all of the donors' kind blessings that have literally saved Tank's life. The phone call from the vet this morning saying that Tank's femur has extraordinarily improved and that he no longer needs surgery had me wondering if I could be dreaming.

His first weigh in was 104, this morning only 105, so the heart worms are more than likely drastically impeding his muscle building and healing. Once we get rid of the worms, though, he should be ready to go! Just last week I saw him for the first time prancing for just a second, and am overjoyed in his physical and emotional improvement. Again, thank you everyone so very much for past and future assistance, we wouldn't have accomplished this rescue without you.
:rolleyes:If only I was so eloquent. My mind is just racing with YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!:dancing:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Jessica that is wonderful news and Tank is so lucky to be having you both look after him. Hope that the heart worms are soon a thing of the past and he can just put on condition and get really healthy.
Take care of yourself and know we are thinking of the three of you.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.