• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Christmas Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
hun many yrs ago we had a dane that lost the use of her hind quater paralised through distemper the one vet at the to humansociety took her and tryed every thing finaly he made a box on wheels put her bum in it and away she went he was moving to a nother country and took her with him so dont give up she was harnessed in im going back to 1948
also my friend has to mastifs the put is 1 yr old weight then was 170 lb thet feed raw beef and pork every day pluss a kibble i have pics its a shame your dog got the wrong owners but im sure under your care he will win out
bless you for fighting for this pup
hugs doll

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Here's some pictures on tank today! I can hardly believe his improvement! Its been exactly 1 month since we took him in.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
We also got a call from Dr. Williford and she let me know that we may not have to go to Tuskegee to get his treatment done! Dr. Armstrong (Montgomery Veterinary Associate's surgeon) was going over the case with Dr. Horne, a doctor from Tuskegee and Dr Horne is willing to come and work with Dr. Armstrong to do Tank's surgery! They're going to do their best to avoid amputation, and will plate the bone together. Right now Tank has a straight rod holding his femur together.

I'm so excited! Dr. Williford quoted around $1000 for the surgery. We've gotten $795 in donations for his care, so we're close! If you'd like to help, add me on facebook so we can discuss www.facebook.com/artgeek09 (not sure if PMing me would break the no fundraising rule).

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Wow - great news and he already looks so much better! You're doing great!

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Great news!!! He looks so much better in just a month!!! He's in a great home!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
176.jpg i posted this incase some dont relise how bad tank was when he got saved this dog turned 1 yr old this jan and i beleave i took pic in sept Tank hs come a lonfg ways in one month hun im proud of you not many would have realy tryed i only wish i could help expence wise but best i can do is pray for you all that a miracle can and will be found day of surgery ill pray God moves drs hands in right direction

God bless you

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Tank is looking so much better now in his latest pics but of course has a long way to go. Thank you for being there for him and loving him as you do. He is so lucky to have you in his corner, good luck for the future together. They are so so worth it and give you back ten fold of what you put in to them. :hug8:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
I can't believe the improvement in just one month! Good news about the vet! Prayin' hard here too!:hug8:

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Tank's surgery is tentatively set for next Wednesday! I'm so nervous for him but I'm glad he's finally going to get the treatment he needs. The surgeon did say it's going to be a difficult one plating his femur back together. We'll call the vet again on Monday to guarantee the surgery date. We're so close!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
wow im crying im so happy for him I can just amagen how you feel excited and scared all at the same tim hun God wouldnt bring you so close if it wasnt a good thing and the Dr wouldnt have said hed do it ill be praying to God to guide the Dr s hand in right places

hugs doll

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Lots of love to both of you and Tank and will be thinking of you all over his coming surgery. Good luck.:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Yay!! One week to Tank feeling much better. :hug8:

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
I'm so nervous for Tank's surgery tomorrow! I have to work and unfortunately wont be able to be there to drop him off tomorrow at 8am. They wont actually perform the surgery until later in the afternoon but they need to get the pre-lim stuff done since these doctors haven't actually seen Tank in person before.

Looking at him now so happy and carefree. I'm really worried that since the surgery is so complicated that it might be unsuccessful. Poor guy is going to get thrown right back into that pain in healing. I really pray that it's successful. I'm sure he'll forgive us after the surgery. I just hope he doesnt think that he's going to get treated the same way as before. We will have to crate him for an extended period of time, and I know that's now going to be pleasant for him. We did move his crate into our bedroom so that we can be right there with him in the coming months. I hope that the pain medication they give him after the surgery is fully effective and doesn't affect his appetite because he still has a ways to go with getting to a healthy weight. I just worry that the surgery might set him back both physically and emotionally. He's gained a lot of strength in his legs - I hate to think that after tomorrow he's going to be right back to it being too painful to move.

I sure the surgeons wouldnt have agreed to do it though if they thought there wasn't a halfway decent chance of it working out.
Prayers for Tank and his surgery tomorrow!!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Lots of prayers coming your way for you all. Know that Tank is going to be a lot better and improved from the Vet's putting things right for him and he may be in a lot of discomfort now and it will help relieve it all, you never know.
He has come a long way since living with you and I know you will continue to do your best for the dear old boy. Good luck.:hug8:Let us know how things go tomorrow will be thinking and praying for him, your boyfriend and you.:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I would sit him down tonight and explain it to him. I would talk to him with love and devotion and touch him where the surgery is going to be and tell him all about why it's necessary, that the last one didn't do any good and that this one will help him feel better, have less pain and live longer. I would tell him that your doing this because you love him and everything is going to be alright. Many prayers for him that the surgery is 100% successful and that he makes a speedy & complete recovery with no complications or setbacks.

Ginger

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:hug8::hug8: Good luck tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.