• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

our 10yr old sheepdog Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Came to us at six yrs old, just four yrs ago. Only to stay for a week while her owners made up their minds if they were keeping her or not. At the end of the week she was going to go back and be put down! There was nothing wrong with the dog, so no way was that going to happen. Told them we were keeping her.
She has been a bit off this past few days so took her into our Vet this morning and found she has a rip roaring womb infection,as she had never been spade. She is now on five days antibiotics and then booked in to be spade next Tuesday morning.
This came out of the blue but has to be sorted, she has a right to life like we all have. Already the tablets have kicked in and she is showing signs of improvement. So by Tuesday should be over the worse of the infection.
when I saw the full screen of our pets and all named on the vet's computer, I nearly died. So as she would not think I was losing my grey matter with having so many, I explained only two of them a dog and a Grey were legal so to speak. The rest were re-homes and fostered!
was told that I could now make an appointment for them on line.
A lot of you know what I am like with a computer in my hands,so told her I would rather carry on ringing up to make the appointments, or John might find himself booked in to be neutered1:rofl::rofl:
if you don't have a laugh you could cry.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aw, I am glad that you took her to the vet! That sounds painful! Keep us posted on how she does!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:omg: I laughed out so loud at the prospect of you setting John up to be neutered :laughing6:
Scooter is staring at me!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Ann :hug8:for your lady dog and :rofl: about setting John up!!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your dog has pyometria. It can be fatal. I am so glad you got her started on antibiotics right away. That way the infection will be gone when they do the spay and won't spread through out the dog. Poor baby. It can really make them sick. Good for you for rescuing her. Let us know how she does.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I'm glad she's going to be ok. Do you ever find yourself calling your "children" (fids) by each other's names? Finally I just say "hey, whatcha name" :hehe: Just don't ever name one of the John. :lol:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
You have so hit the nail on the head. All my pets are my children and part of the family. They are always there for me and never ever judge, just love.
My way of coping with any kind of problem is to laugh and joke my way through it, as I reckon you are in exactly the same place no matter how you face it right?
Lucky is so much better even after only two doses of her antibiotics. Funnily she did not show any other symptoms than kept washing herself, she is such a clean dog.
They did a blood portrait and found everything is Fine except she naturally had a very high white cell count due to her body fighting off the infection.
Come next Tuesday I am going to be like a cat on a hot tin roof until it is over and she is back home again.
While I remember, John has banned me from making ANY appointments on line!:hehe:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Poor John! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hope Lucky feels better! :hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
started another thread on Lucky somewhere else! Told you computers and I do not mix.
They found a large tumour on one of her ovaries and removed it with another on a mammary gland. To me it is not a very good picture, but the vet is hoping she has caught it quickly enough and there will be no spread.
Only time will tell I suppose. Lucky is a picture of health at the moment and due to have her sutures removed next Friday.
All we can do is keep a good eye on her, and try to give her a good life, no matter how long she has got.
Since her surgery she has not left my side and is so loyal and loving. Its as if she realises what has been done for her and she is trying to say she is grateful. :hug8:

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lucky sure is in good hands with you and I will pray that she continues to live it pain free. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.