• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oslow says hi!

MCraig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Megan
Hi everyone -
I am the proud mama of a CAG - 9 years old. His name is Oslow and he will be 10 in May :).
He was a rehome from a young guy who wanted to travel the world.
Oslow loves my hubby to pieces - he tolerates me and will step up for me but that's about it. My hubby never had birds before he met me but when we got Oslow he turned into a parrot nut. He is actually talking about getting him as a tattoo!
Oslow is a chatter box like most greys. He calls me "Lorraine" (his old homes mom) and he is just a total joy to have around. He plays peekaboo, beat boxes, dances and sings.
He says "turn the light out" when he wants to go to bed and it is just adorable. He has started talking in my voice and then switching to my hubbys voice and I love it.

Thanks for having us :) 20180406_111151.jpg 20180406_110425.jpg

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Welcome - he is beautiful.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! Oslow sounds amazing.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
A very stunning boy indeed! I have a whole group of greys in my house but we have our version of Oslow...he tolerates me but loves my husband. Who am I kidding, Smokey likes to bite me if we are anywhere near his cage and will only step up for me if we are not in the same room with his Highness' house! LOL! For daddy, he will do anything though! That's ok, we knew he liked men more than women when we took him in. All the other greys in the house like me best!:)

Welcome to AA!

MCraig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Megan
A very stunning boy indeed! I have a whole group of greys in my house but we have our version of Oslow...he tolerates me but loves my husband. Who am I kidding, Smokey likes to bite me if we are anywhere near his cage and will only step up for me if we are not in the same room with his Highness' house! LOL! For daddy, he will do anything though! That's ok, we knew he liked men more than women when we took him in. All the other greys in the house like me best!:)

Welcome to AA!
That's my exact scenario!! And we got Oslow knowing he liked men because Carlos was so bonded to me. I wanted my hubby to experience a bond like me with a parrot.
Love him to pieces but Oslows love for me stops at saying "you want some water?" When I feed him :pinklol:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Beautiful and sounds like a wonderful bird.

I love Greys!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
That's my exact scenario!! And we got Oslow knowing he liked men because Carlos was so bonded to me. I wanted my hubby to experience a bond like me with a parrot.
Love him to pieces but Oslows love for me stops at saying "you want some water?" When I feed him :pinklol:
We've had Smokey for a few years now and I never stop trying but he was 20 when he came to us, so what can I ask for? He's just too beautiful not to want him to love me! LOL! He doesn't talk at all but loves to mimic sounds and whistles like you wouldn't believe. He also farts and burps big time. I love him to bits but I have to be careful of his beak when I'm downstairs. He will let me scritch him through the bars of his cage most days, but some days he can be a crabby boy and I just let him be. Let me see if I can dig up a picture of the crab...

This is when we first went all the way to TN to pick him up! LOL! He really is a joy even if he has a personality issue with females!:)

IMG_0906.JPG

MCraig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Megan
We've had Smokey for a few years now and I never stop trying but he was 20 when he came to us, so what can I ask for? He's just too beautiful not to want him to love me! LOL! He doesn't talk at all but loves to mimic sounds and whistles like you wouldn't believe. He also farts and burps big time. I love him to bits but I have to be careful of his beak when I'm downstairs. He will let me scritch him through the bars of his cage most days, but some days he can be a crabby boy and I just let him be. Let me see if I can dig up a picture of the crab...

This is when we first went all the way to TN to pick him up! LOL! He really is a joy even if he has a personality issue with females!:)

View attachment 273531
He is beautiful!! Oslow burps and farts up a storm too...my 3 year old son thinks it's hilarious..lol
I wouldn't dare trying to scritch through the cage...i would lose the tip of my finger!!

Oslow is a chatter box but his sounds are also quite cool. He likes to say "what" when someone says "guess what" and it cracks my guests up lol!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
He is beautiful!! Oslow burps and farts up a storm too...my 3 year old son thinks it's hilarious..lol
I wouldn't dare trying to scritch through the cage...i would lose the tip of my finger!!

Oslow is a chatter box but his sounds are also quite cool. He likes to say "what" when someone says "guess what" and it cracks my guests up lol!
The phrase in my house is "Really?" Always asked in the form of a question when you say something to one of them that they are then questioning! Mostly the Galahs but the greys tend to do it too. Either that or, the greys really like to say, "Be careful!" Never a dull moment in my house! Everyone has the edge on "Time to go to bed!" or "Night night!"

MCraig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Megan
The phrase in my house is "Really?" Always asked in the form of a question when you say something to one of them that they are then questioning! Mostly the Galahs but the greys tend to do it too. Either that or, the greys really like to say, "Be careful!" Never a dull moment in my house! Everyone has the edge on "Time to go to bed!" or "Night night!"

I love it.. such little fruits they are!
Oz has started to say "you pooping?" Since my 3 year old is always asking that....

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I love it.. such little fruits they are!
Oz has started to say "you pooping?" Since my 3 year old is always asking that....
I can't even imagine what mine would say if we had a young child living in our house...I'm, of course, not counting my husband!:hilarious:

MCraig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Megan
I can't even imagine what mine would say if we had a young child living in our house...I'm, of course, not counting my husband!:hilarious:
I think what he learns from my husband is worse....:loltears: