• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Orphaned kitten

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
A vet I used to work for messaged me today asking if I could take in a brand new kitten in bad shape. He’s 1-2 days old and didn’t get fed his whole first day and a half. I just got him home and fed (he ate very little and weakly but he did eat) and he’s snug and warm now in blankets. He also eliminated which kittens can’t do on their own so there was quite a supply to get out and must help him feel better.

Could use good vibes for him. He’s the only one of his litter that survived whatever happened to make him an orphan and he is critical. He was brought into the clinic by a person who had no money for formula but kept the kitten a day anyway.

I’m doing the best I can and hoping he pulls through. Just wanted to start a thread on him to keep the optimism alive and show how precious he is. B950E131-12E2-4AEE-B70A-D9AC3E8C99F2.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sending positive thoughts for the little kitten! Good luck Lisa ❤

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Many blessings to you and your little one!

Sylvester

Hit the Road
He is very precious and thank you for helping him. We need more people like you in this world.

I would imagine,sadly, that something happened to 'mom', and that is the reason why he is in such dire straits and that the others in his litter did not make it. Newborn kittens need to eat every two-thee hours, so for one to go a whole day without food, is definitely alarming. I don't know what that person was thinking.

I am sending all my love and positive energy his way. Come on little one, you can do this. Bast will be looking over you.

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a cutie. I hope he'll be okay. So good of you to do this.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Thank you for helping him, what a cutie!! Sending healing thoughts your way for the little guy.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
First of all, thank you so much for taking him in! I hope he stays with you and you keep him. I raised 4 kittens from 3 weeks old about a year and a half ago, mostly single handedly. I did have help from my mom a bit, but I set them up in a box in a quiet part of the house, like a bathroom. (obviously close the toilet lid, not that he could get in but you never know). I would keep doing what you're doing. When we found ours they were abandoned as well and ate a tiny tiny amount and didn't poo/pee for a day or so because they had not been fed recently by the mother. How is he doing today? Do you have a little stuffed animal you can put in there for him? Do you have any unflavored pediltye you can give him for electrolytes? He's probably really dehydrated as well.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Sending blessings, I hope he makes it!