• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oregano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
By adding a pinch of this safe herbs for birds, oregano can help increase the activity level for your bird. Oregano can also be used as an effective appetite stimulant. Stimulating the appetite of parenting birds can cause them to feed their chicks more often causing them to be healthier and grow faster.
Taken from:
Safe Herbs for Birds: Health Beneficial Herbs
The European herb Oregano is one of the most nutritious substances on earth, with 42 times more antioxidants than apples and 30 times more than potatoes. Additionally, it's loaded with antimicrobial compounds that fight cold-causing bacteria and researchers found that it destroys giardia. To reap the benefits, sprinkle on your food each day or follow package directions. Fresh herbs provide the greatest health benefits -- you might want to consider growing an organic herb garden that includes Oregano!
Taken from:
Giardia: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options as well as Prevention
Rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme and other culinary herbs that belong to the Labiatae family are potent antioxidants. Rosemary and sage contain carnosol and ursolic acid, Ginger contains gingerols and diarylhaptanoids. The flavors of many common herbs and seasonings come from terpenoids, which help to fight cancer.
Taken from:
HolisticBird and HolisticBirds
this last site is a MUST READ!!!!
Hope this helps you!:hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Thanks for the info BF! I didn't know that either!:hug8:

MBS

Jogging around the block
I'll add oregano to my dried herb mix for the birds. I leave some in a little bowl for them. My daughter's parrotlet, eats a lot of herbs. The other birds are not so keen on the herbs so I sprinkle them on their food.

Status
Not open for further replies.