• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Order problem from Chasing Enrichment

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I placed my order during the first week of September. My order is still not here.
The shop didn’t reply to my two emails nor to a private message via Facebook.
I think I need to open Paypal case, huh? since it’s been 2 months! :(

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah two month is too long to wait IMO. I'd talk to PayPal if I was you. Especially since you've already tried to resolve this with them but got no answer. It's possible it got lost in the mail or something. But they should have emailed you back regardless. Good luck with it. I hope you get your money or your order

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I was just on their site and read this:

"Due to my upcoming wedding in October and a few recent family emergencies, order trnaround is currenly at 3-4 weeks. Rest assured I am working very hard to get orders placed before September 20 (the real cut off was the 8th, but I extended it to accomodate a few customers) shipped before we leave for our wedding and honeymoon. Orders placed September 21 or after may not ship until we return the week of October 23. Shiping will not be possible from October 12-23. Also due to the overwhelming number of orders I am unable to return emails as I am focusing all of my spare time on order fulfilllment. Thank you for your understanding and support!"

So that explains some of it. But since you ordered the beginning of September and it's now November it still seems fishy to me. Personally I think she should shut down the store until she gets caught up with her orders. :shrug3:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I did eventually get my order, but it took longer than I expected (probably the wedding thing).
I'm not on facebook but I sent an email, which nobody replied to.
You've been waiting more than long enough.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I just looked at her Facebook page, she responds within an hour it says and her last post was 13 hours ago.
Go post on there "Where's my order" and she will respond for sure.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I just looked at her stuff. I think the girl used to belong here, she ordered a huge order from me and never paid :lol:
Her toys look like Dawn's :chin:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I placed an order mid August with her. She finally made a shipping label Nov 3rd. Hasn't actually shipped though. I did see this last night:
Screenshot_20171113-212109.png
She stopped responding to me on Facebook.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I can't remember when I ordered but I did get my stuff...I have a thread around here somewhere. It does sound like she's incredibly busy but I would think she would at least answer email.

There was a time when the Alex toy came out when we were literally two months behind in orders because the Alex toy was featured in Bird Talk and we got hit from every direction but we answered all email and tried to let everyone know what was happening. That was an incredibly insane time in my life that I never want to repeat!:arghh:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I just looked at her stuff. I think the girl used to belong here, she ordered a huge order from me and never paid :lol:
Her toys look like Dawn's :chin:

:mad: Wow! Did she get the order?

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
If you are behind. You have to at least answer emails.
When I get the Where’s my order? Emails, my heart sinks, I feel so bad.

Yes, she's obviously in way over her head! Wedding, baby, orders falling further and further behind and can't even respond to emails! Not much of a future for her business, I'm afraid.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
If you are behind. You have to at least answer emails.
When I get the Where’s my order? Emails, my heart sinks, I feel so bad.
Yep, when you get that far behind, it's really hard...never want to be there again...EVER!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

Yes, she's obviously in way over her head! Wedding, baby, orders falling further and further behind and can't even respond to emails! Not much of a future for her business, I'm afraid.
People seem to love her toys. They are cute and inexpensive but they don't stand up to my medium sized birds...they lasted about 10 minutes in my house with everyone but my Ekkies who still have a totally in tact toy because they are LAZY! I didn't even bother giving any to the Pinksters....all they had to do is look at them and they would be gone. My greys loved them but demolished them. I can see how smaller birds who weren't destructive would enjoy them.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Unfortunately, this is not uncommon with a one person business. Life gets in the way and customers suffer. It happens quite a bit in the yarn dyeing community. A talented dyer gets too overwhelmed and starts ignoring complaints. The Paypal window is 180 days and if this girl is anything like the dyers, I would take advantage of it. I hate to say it but this is why any toy I buy is one I can see or one that comes from this website because there are so many creative people on here and because this board is so well run.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Totally irresponsible on her part.

I've ordered from a young couple when they recently had a baby, and they handled it professionally. They made it clear on the site that there would be delays, gave their best estimate for when they would catch up, and they kept in contact re. the order.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
People seem to love her toys. They are cute and inexpensive but they don't stand up to my medium sized birds...they lasted about 10 minutes in my house with everyone but my Ekkies who still have a totally in tact toy because they are LAZY! I didn't even bother giving any to the Pinksters....all they had to do is look at them and they would be gone. My greys loved them but demolished them. I can see how smaller birds who weren't destructive would enjoy them.
Looks like everything is way too cheap.
Cheap -> lots of orders -> too busy stressed out -> it dawns on you you aren't making money -> closes.

If you get in over your head, it is hard to come out of it. I find if I have a sale, it isn't good for my business at all :lol: I get too many orders, my turn around takes forever, I lose customers or have unhappy ones. Not worth it!

Parrot Hotel & Shop

Hit the Road
Real Name
Stephanie
Love her toys....but yes she should be at least responding to messages or have an updated message on her website. Falling behind is super overwhelming - I try to ship out within the week they are received but sometimes it's just not possible. Quite a few bird business vendors also work full time jobs which makes it especially difficult. So we do the best that we can, working late into the evening or on weekends :)