• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Order from such and such store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Good point erica. While we are on the subject I demand all hy owners cease posting about their big blue babies :D just kidding I think I would die if I stopped getting updates about them! :eek: I tend to surf via the "what's new" area anyways, I hit up the sub forums and such maybe once a month.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I get lots of ideas from peoples DIY threads and also I love to see the other threads, get a lot of ideas for things to save up for. Almost all my $ that I make goes to my birds, sometimes I get something new for myself, but I always spend more on the fids, lol! Seeing the threads about others goodies makes me happy, (sometimes sad, if it's a big $$ item) and it's by far, one of the sections I visit the most. In fact, if it weren't for everyone always posting experiences/pictures of stuff from MSBS (Kathie), I might not have ever found her site!! :)

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I love seeing what other members have purchased. Oftentimes, I am way too busy to shop and their posts give me great ideas for things to purchase from the vendors here. I also think it is great that everyone is so excited to share their pictures of their purchases and their birds. It makes for more of a "family" atmosphere. Love the videos, too!

From a vendor's point of view....

Most of us are small businesses and this is our only means of income or helps to supplement our income. We all work very hard. We do rely on word of mouth for new customers. These posts are very helpful to all of us here to introduce people to items we have to offer. I think I speak on behalf of many vendors here when I say that we really appreciate the positive feedback we receive. :hug8:

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
I also enjoy seeing what other members purchase, if I see something I like and I can't afford it I think about getting it in the future when I can. What I really like is being able to see how big things are and being able to see what other people's birds like gives me ideas on things my birds may like (this saves me money actually as buying things others recommend usually means I end up buying things my birds will use).

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Marie, I liked your comparison :) and what a pretty pic - such colorful socks!
As a member with limited time for reading AA, it would certainly help me but there are many who oppose the idea of having another subforum. I will try to continue weeding out the Marketplace posts, that I find redundant.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Marie, I liked your comparison :) and what a pretty pic - such colorful socks!
As a member with limited time for reading AA, it would certainly help me but there are many who oppose the idea of having another subforum. I will try to continue weeding out the Marketplace posts, that I find redundant.

Well you can ask the vendors, when they have sales, to bump up their thread a few times. I'm glad I receive emails of the great sales from the vendors, I wouldn't find it here and don't expect to either. Sign up to their news letters, or ask your favorite vendors to please bump up their threads or PM you when they have a sale. I prefer the newsletter as its very convenient for me:)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Actually the vendors can ask to make their sales a STICKY thread so they are always at the top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.