• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinions on the Flight Suit?

Finn

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Finn
I'm thinking about getting a Flight Suit for my bird and I want to know if anyone has had experience with them. Would you recommend them?

MixieMoxie

Meeting neighbors
I have one. I do use it with Loki who is a GCC.

It is not easy to get on and I hate the lanyard. It is too short in my opinion. I switched the leash part our for something longer.

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It depends a lot on the bird - how old your birds is and how you condition it. It's harder to get adults to accept one.
I did try one for my GCC. If it's for outdoor use instead of a harness, the diaper part is unnecessary and I just cut that part off on mine, so I was left with a little vest. That makes it much easier to put on and more comfortable for the bird.
Unfortunately I never tried when my GCC was young enough and it was too scary for her as an adult.

Rhoadsette

Moving in
Real Name
Sarah
View attachment 228773 View attachment 228774 I personally like the Aviator flight suit. No diaper decient leash. They get used to it with patience. Mine went quick. Better than clipping!
I use the Aviator as well. I have had it for a few weeks and I give it a 10/10! Its a great harness and the leash is duper stretchy so its very safe. Randy loves it and he always gets excited when I put it on him because he knows it means outside adventures! Haha :) And I don't plan on clipping Randy's wings either; I'm letting them grow back (he was clipped when we got him).

Tommymarshall

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
I use the Aviator as well. I have had it for a few weeks and I give it a 10/10! Its a great harness and the leash is duper stretchy so its very safe. Randy loves it and he always gets excited when I put it on him because he knows it means outside adventures! Haha :) And I don't plan on clipping Randy's wings either; I'm letting them grow back (he was clipped when we got him).
I agree 10/10

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I have one for Boo the Too in my dresser..... I have not had the nerve to start his training yet.

Reiker#7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Reiker
I cant wait to start having more adventureswith both my Quaker & my Caique parrots in their Aviator harnesses!