• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Opinion: Is this a male or a female?

Shoosh1

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Michelle
Hi all!!

I need your opinion, please!

I am interested in adopting this 25 yrd old CAG who's mom is sadly too sick with Alzheimers to care for anymore. I don't have much info, only that this fid is now at the son-in-law's house (who admits to not knowing much about birds but wanted to "save" this baby) and nobody knows what sex it is as no DNA test.

FIY- I previously had a CAG hen for 20 years, who was my love, my life, my everything!!

I will be meeting this beauty in person this weekend, but meanwhile, just wondering if you CAG experts & breeders could give me an educated guess- or gut feeling, based on a couple of pictures I have. Do you think this Grey is a Male or Female???

I already have a DNA kit at home, but can't wait!!! (I'll let you know when I get results!)

Thanks for your input!!

Michelle

Paxel.jpg Paxel2.jpg

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Its very hard to say so Ill just take a guess ...Im going to say female ..maybe if she/he had more of a tail ...head seems more rounded then square which is what I have read to be more female ..she/he is beautiful ...best of luck with her/him :)

Shoosh1

Real Name
Michelle
Thank you, Tyrion!!
My gut tells me female too, but what do I know. I think it's just because he/she looks like my Gretchen did! I am really looking forward to meeting this one!:roflmao:

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
Just a guess female. ❤

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No clue! But I wish great luck! :goodluck:

Shoosh1

Real Name
Michelle
Thank you for the great guesses and good wishes!! I will be going to meet her (or him) on Saturday afternoon! Can't wait!!!:dance4:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Pix from under the wings and tail would be more indicative. :) The expression says female to me but the pointed eye patch says male.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
So I'm going with male. :D