• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opal and Zephyr's 2nd clutch.

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Opal and Zephyr have become proud parents all over again which means Cosmos is a big brother! !
The newest member of the flock arrived this morning and is so far doing really well mom and dad are feeding it wonderfully.

So I wanted to introduce it to you all. It's one of 3 fertile eggs...well actually it was 4 but unfortunately it has appeared as though one of them is DIS which is really sad, I'm giving it a chance though even if I know deep down its not there, if it is as I expect, I'll bury it alongside my Toshi girl.

You can see the egg though, in beside the chick.

Mom (Opal) and Dad (Zephyr)

28660386_2338312452861413_4748862378510060351_n.jpg

The lil Jellybean.

DSCN9074.JPG

A little update of Cosmos as well. He's thick in his moult becoming a big-boy. He's so, so tame. AND he talks! The world gave me someone so special, exactly when I needed him.

momo boy.jpg

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Opal and Zephyr are gorgeous, and ohhhh that little fellow is just darling! I can imagine your delight in having him be so tame. What mutation is he @ShyEmbers ? He's gorgeous.

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Opal and Zephyr are gorgeous, and ohhhh that little fellow is just darling! I can imagine your delight in having him be so tame. What mutation is he @ShyEmbers ? He's gorgeous.
Thank you so much!! I think so too but I am biased. Cosmos is a yellow faced sky opaline spangle with suspected clearwing, but I'm not too sure on that one. A perfect blend of mom (A YF sky, opaline, cinnamon) and dad (Crested YF grey dom pied spangle/SP opaline)

He's just a bit of a mess atm because of his moult, but he's still stunning to me.

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Awww little baby!! How cute, the parents are beautiful too. :heart::heart:

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
We have three chicks now.
7days, 3 days and 1 days old.

35646442_2507607835931873_443220034873982976_n.jpg

I'm feeling this one could be a little grey by the dark pigmentation of the skin.

35559091_2507592869266703_8531445035873337344_n.jpg

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Heartbreak hit this morning and I am quite emotional but thought I should update. The eldest chick passed away at 10 days old today. I have no idea why, developmentally it seemed a little delayed but it was active and eating well. I opened the box to a very pale chick, who I knew immediately had passed so I tried to push Opal off them to assess...he'd gone. I'm gutted. It was going to be a recessive pied one of my favorite mutations...I can only pray its siblings thrive.

My heart is still raw over Toshi, so I do not know if I could handle anymore loss. Be at peace lil one.