• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One parrotlet to a big(ish) cage?

Donuttb

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Aiden
I was watching a video earlier on parrotlets care etc as I am torn between getting a cockatiel, Indian ringneck or a parrotlet and one thing that surprised was that she said you cannot have more than one parrotlet to a fairly large cage. I was wondering if thats true? The cage I am getting is 153x78x52cm and I was wondering if it'd be ok for two parrotlets. This surprised me as I've been told in the Cockatiel Corner that the cage is large enough for two tiels. I wouldn't have thought that parrotlets are that territorial.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Parrotlets are a lot more territorial than cockatiels. I have 2 cockatiels in separate 28×18 inch cages. (Your is about 30 x 20 inches.) My cockatiels are both female and they do not like each other. They would not do well together in a cage that size. So a lot depends on the individual birds.

Artista

Checking out the neighborhood
They are territorial and aggressive. Unless the birds are already bonded, I would get 1. They do well as a single bird.