1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of these days!

Discussion in 'Bird Boulevard' started by Peachfaced, 7/11/19 at 8:09 PM.

1. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard JOLLY-PATROLLY Super Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    One day Rupert will trust himself enough to fly to me... but for now we are working on jumps.

Sound DOWN unless you want your eardrums blown out by me talking.

2. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

laurie
    You wanna teach bebe that please

3. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard JOLLY-PATROLLY Super Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    You just have to keep at it! Rupert would barely trust himself to hop even a couple of inches at first. Now he's to the stage where he needs one wing flap. :roflmao:

4. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    Once they learn to fly to you... it's like ... you can't get away from them! # 1 reason I put sheer curtains up in Rockets room to keep him from following me around the house and out of the faucet while I'm washing dishes! Ruby is the same way!

5. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Martine
    One wing flap :roflmao:
    So cute!

faislaq, Peachfaced and Shezbug like this.
  6. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    He’s so cute!:heart: Good boy Rupert!:dance4:

faislaq, Peachfaced and Shezbug like this.
  7. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Oh that was so cute. Such an accurate jump done with confidence:)

Can’t wait to see him progress. So do you just move the perch a little further away from time to time so he has to jump a little further?

faislaq, Peachfaced and Mockinbirdiva like this.
  8. Peachfaced

Sadie
    Mhm! Once he's confident with a certain distance, I put the perch further away.

He was not having this jump at all. He'd been doing great and then with this last one, he kept trying to give his "handshake" to the colorful perch next to him... or stepping on to it... or spinning around in a circle. This one jump took like 3 minutes of coaxing. Before then, he was jumping consistently each time.

faislaq, Shezbug and Tiel Feathers like this.
  9. Peachfaced

Sadie
    Oh I know. I'm expecting him to fly at me when he's angry with me or something. Hopefully not though!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)