• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of Amelia's eggs hatched!

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
While we were out Amelia's first egg hatched, I didnt expect the baby to be so tiny but it is amazing, but it was crying a lot when I noticed it is this normal? I would post a picture but the nesting area(Amelia laid her eggs on the cage floor) has become a little dirty.

Edit: The baby also looks like it has white fuzz on its bum, is that a sign of specific color morph?

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Many congrats!!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
All babies can be noisy at first! They'll settle down and then just squeak when hungry. Post some pics when you can!!!

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@EkkieLu That's a relief I was a little worried at first, I did get a good picture when Anelia left to go to the bathroom, the baby is just sitting on some bedding and bits of paper Amelia smuggled into her nest, a little untidy though, hopefully it isnt too dirty. You can really see the white feathers on his rear here.

Attachments

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
The white you see is just down feathers it can tell the mutation as if its white its opaline if its grey its a normal though it looks like it hasn't been fed yet

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@Budgiebonkers At the time Amelia hadn't fed it, I was a little concerned but today when I checked on it today its crop was full so I'm relieved about that. So we can expect an opaline since the down is white and not gray?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations ❤

Do you have baby formula?

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
How awesome to have a baby bird! I'm so jelly! Thanks for posting the photo!

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@Zara Thank you :) I did order formula it should arrive today, I ordered Kaytee Exact formula it got great reviews and I hope it lives up to its reviews.

@Snowghost Thank you! it still feels a little surreal to be honest :)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
@EkkieLu That's a relief I was a little worried at first, I did get a good picture when Anelia left to go to the bathroom, the baby is just sitting on some bedding and bits of paper Amelia smuggled into her nest, a little untidy though, hopefully it isnt too dirty. You can really see the white feathers on his rear here.
He is adorable!!! Looks healthy and well cared for to me! As for the color, it will most likely stay white but sometimes Mother Nature can throw a curve ball! But I wouldn't worry... I wish my ekkies would be a little friendlier. I'd love to have baby birds again!

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@EkkieLu Thank you so much, Amelia is shaping up to be a great mother! I love ekkies they're beautiful, especially the females they look like they're wearing jumpsuits to me so cute :) These babies were a surprise for us, maybe your ekkies will surprise you too, you never know :)

AKahle6868

Strolling the yard
Here is a photo of the second baby along with one of the first ones crop(very full now) the second hatched just before church!
Omg! So friggin cute! I can’t wait to watch them grow! ❤