• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One happy bird!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Look at all that ruffly grey happiness! Cute

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
She is very sweet and totally unafraid of the new toy. I had heard Greys were hesitant around new toys and for the most part she is not. Apparently though, a straw is a parrot predator. One block down already. The beads are irresistible 9716C11D-0A00-4597-8DFB-079AC03388E9.jpeg

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So happy she likes it.

My guys take out the bead blocks first, @jmfleish 's weirdo flock LEAVES all the bead blocks and won't chew them. UGH. :cautious::facepalm::laugh:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
So happy she likes it.

My guys take out the bead blocks first, @jmfleish 's weirdo flock LEAVES all the bead blocks and won't chew them. UGH. :cautious::facepalm::laugh:
Bowser chews the regular blocks first until it’s just bead blocks dangling and then he’ll break apart the bead blocks. It’s delayed gratification lol.

And those are adorable pictures! :smileflower:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@MiniMacaw Do you have a recent pic of Bowser? I remember how bad Bowser looked when you first got him.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
@MiniMacaw Do you have a recent pic of Bowser? I remember how bad Bowser looked when you first got him.
I’m just seeing this now, so sorry for the delayed response. It’s actually Bowsers 2nd hatchday tomorrow! I’m going to do a thread on him for his big day and I’ll be sure to include a lot of new photos. Here’s one I snapped right now as he eats his pre birthday blackberry lol. It’s bed time so the photo isn’t the best but it shows his smiling face. 1A6E6376-D1E8-4BD7-B5D7-BDEF6B26D5FE.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bowser is so handsome! I hope he has a lovely hatchday.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He is such a handsome boy and looks so content.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I think the What the Shell is Buzzard's favorite toy. I am surprised how versatile it is! Louise is beautiful and looks so happy. :pinklol3: Thank you for the pics @Sweet Louise. I love how delicately she chooses where to begin on each piece. Such a darling girl. :swoon:

Bowser chews the regular blocks first until it’s just bead blocks dangling and then he’ll break apart the bead blocks. It’s delayed gratification lol.
Buzzard does the same thing. He adores the cross-cut wood. and starts snipping that off right away. Then he gats to enjoy every last bead block. (Btw @Macawnutz, the Busy Blockz is still in his cage. :rolleyes: Big baby. I'm starting to wonder if Love Bug might like to have a go at it.)

Here’s one I snapped right now as he eats his pre birthday blackberry lol. It’s bed time so the photo isn’t the best but it shows his smiling face. View attachment 278704
:xflove: Blackberry bliss. Happy early hatchday, Bowser. :present:

Last edited:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
She is very sweet and totally unafraid of the new toy. I had heard Greys were hesitant around new toys and for the most part she is not. Apparently though, a straw is a parrot predator. One block down already. The beads are irresistible View attachment 278534
I just realized in the 3rd pic she looks like she's been caught doing something naughty! :innocent: lol "Nothing to see here."

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Will you post a couple update pics as she destroys her toys? Her face is so expressive!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
She is very methodical. :geek: