• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video One Energetic Lovebird

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I don't know if most Lovebirds are full of energy but Cooper sure is. He goes all day long until about 5 pm and then settles down. He is the chewer of the year! I cut some small pieces of cardboard yesterday and you would have thought he has the best toy ever made for birds.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
OMG! He is so cute Dianne! ♥

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol yes, young lovies are full of energized crazy juice!

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
I LOVE the way he stops and looks at you, totally still for a second, and then goes right back to what he was doing! Completely like a little kid jacked up on sugar and recess!:hehe::birdance:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
At what age do lovies calm down?

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
At what age do lovies calm down?
Depends on the bird. Some of them start calming down after the first year or two and the two I have that like to nap on me started that after 2-3 years, I guess? Twinkie used to be completely insane, but now he loves to crawl into my shirt and take a nap.

Then you have birds like Craybie (Turnip). Still just as frantically energetic as the day I met him...3+ years ago. He lets me do brief snuggles now, and will occasionally preen on me, but he still has to take frequent flights around the room while squeaking madly. :) If any other living creature is in the room, he must pester it.

lunasalix

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Mine are all fairly energetic, but Mango and Kiwi spend a lot more time napping while Peaches is still frantically zipping around the room. Sometimes he gets so over-excited that he flies in weird zig-zags with lots of dives and hairpin loops. He's always the first one awake and the last to go to bed. Sometimes I even hear him playing in his cage in the middle of the night.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are you feeding your bird crack again :laughing6:

Kidding! :pinklol2: Cooper is so cute:swoon:
They hatch with it already running through their blood! I've called a couple of mine crack-birdies more than once, and occasionally when I open Twink's cage, I tell him, "I'm unleashing you, Crack Flea~" I don't even finish the sentence before he's on me like a face-hugging alien. :laughing2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute! I only had Casey, my foster lovie for a few weeks, but I never saw him nap the entire time. Maybe he is young like Cooper....... They certainly are entertaining little birds. :)

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Someone needs to narrate this !!!! LOL

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
WOW...so cute :wacky:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are you feeding your bird crack again :laughing6:

Kidding! :pinklol2: Cooper is so cute:swoon:

Cracked corn maybe. He does stop at night time thank goodness. Yesterday Cooper grabbed one of my colored pencicils and flew away holding it for about one foot is distance and he dropped it. As well as being high energy he is steeling my things!
Its going to be very tricky to get him in the small cage for the vet trip end of the week. Gotta large spray if milled in the cage which he made a bee line for so I am hoping this works on the vet visit day.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Aww, he is adorable!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
LOL!!

Sherbie used to do this a lot when she was a baby. Now she's got a bit more control. Coopers' gotta learn to use his feet more. It helps! Sherbie also says it helps if you make goofy noises at said toy while you're pinning it down.