• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

On the way home

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I can not imagine how loud they must be up close.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
WOW
I can't imagine!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are those Little Corellas? It's amazing to see that. I wonder if they ever go inside the homes. I watched a video once were a bunch of Little Corellas went inside someone's hotel room and just wandered around for a while.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Why did they descend on that house?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I only get stuck with things like starlings or grackles in my back garden ... then again I'm not in Australia.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Are those Little Corellas? It's amazing to see that. I wonder if they ever go inside the homes. I watched a video once were a bunch of Little Corellas went inside someone's hotel room and just wandered around for a while.

Yes they are Corellas.

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
amazing!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Well come on over and bring a camera.
Last (and only) time I went to Australia I was on the extended flight from Hades thanks to some airline screw ups (and a very cheap ex-husband) - I believe my entire travel time came to something awful like 26 hours +/- from Minnesota to Tasmania via Hawaii and New Zealand. No time change included in that, just travelling time.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Last (and only) time I went to Australia I was on the extended flight from Hades thanks to some airline screw ups (and a very cheap ex-husband) - I believe my entire travel time came to something awful like 26 hours +/- from Minnesota to Tasmania via Hawaii and New Zealand. No time change included in that, just travelling time.

Wow that would sux.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Hey Sandrak
Did you take any photos while in Tasmania?
Yes but that was 1984 or '85. Mum remarried a former beau after Dad died in '81. To this day I still wonder why the Hades I didn't just stay, British subject, wasn't happy where I was and Tasmania (Hobart) was beautiful. IF anyone ever starts a thread about trips from Hades I'll definitely add my description of the one to Tasmania. I took landscape photos but they're the old print photos. I'll look for them if you're interested and figure out how to post them. Driving on the "wrong" side of the road was very strange ...

Suffice it to say that, due to the travel delays, once the flight left Hawaii the Continental Airlines (I did say my ex was cheap) just put the bar carts at the back of the plane unmonitored, walked away and let anyone who wanted to, join the cocktail party. Every passenger got free beverage coupons but by that time the crew just wanted peace and quiet (which they got). Worked out well since a majority of the plane towards the front consisted of families & kids going home from visiting Disney in California.