• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

On a search for dye free toys

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get some nice, sturdy dye free toys? I don't like my birds or other animals having dyed toys, because I feel they are carcinogens. One of our budgies broke his ring toy today, it was thje Budgies' favorite, and I would like to get them something new to replace it.
Any ideas?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most of the vendors here, including myself, are happy to customize toys to use no dyes :)

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@Mizzely Thank you! Your toys are so cute, I really like your Sola Roll and the Glimmer, which looks almost exactly like the toy they broke :pinklol3: how much extra does it usually cost to customize if you don't mind me asking?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Mizzely Thank you! Your toys are so cute, I really like your Sola Roll and the Glimmer, which looks almost exactly like the toy they broke :pinklol3: how much extra does it usually cost to customize if you don't mind me asking?

I make everything to order, so unless you are changing the materials beyond swapping rope type, then it costs nothing different. Just leave a note in the comments that you want dye free!

The only toy I can think of right now that I can't do with no dyes is Koopa, since I don't have un dyed mini sticks on hand. I also don't have any uncolored paper straws or plastics. Everything else (as far as I can recall at 2am :lol:) should be no problem :)

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@Mizzely Thank you so much :) It is so cool that you make everything to order! That takes a lot of dedication and love.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@JaneLane I love making sure every toy is loved :heart: