• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMGosh! She SNUGGLED! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Well, Baby had been soliciting for me to come get her and hanging out with me for short periods, and she will sit on her cage or playstand and let me give her scritches........
Today, she came to me and walked up my arm, bent her head down, gently rubbed her beak on my hand and fluffed her crest and cheek feathers up for scritches! Something she's never done while she's been on me! THEN, while I was playing with her crest feathers and giving her scritches she pushed her beak and forehead into my chest and started closing her eyes, totally engrossed in getting petted and loved on!
OMG! :eek: :dance4: A HUGE step, me thinks!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Unless you've had it happen to you in person, you just don't understand how wonderful it is to have a Too give you snuggles. It make me tear up just thinking about how sweet it is. Congrats.

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:dance4::highfive:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
YAY Meredith thats soooooooo great!!!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats wonderful news,I used to snuggled with my neighbors M2 all the time,he was such a lovey boy.There really is nothing like it.

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
I never expected her to snuggle with me at all! She's been getting more social but I could either hold her or pet her, but never at the same time....then today she let me do both and took it that extra step all of her own accord! :dance5:

Rose NY

Meeting neighbors
I never expected her to snuggle with me at all! She's been getting more social but I could either hold her or pet her, but never at the same time....then today she let me do both and took it that extra step all of her own accord! :dance5:
Thats funny because thats how my Loki is...except now he is a shoulder snuggler monster...see pic...lol...

Attachments

Quest

Real Name
Judy
That is wonderful! I am so happy
for you and Baby!
Rose your Loki is adorable too.

AngelGoffin

Sprinting down the street
It's truly amazing how far a bird can come no matter what their background is. It's an incredible feeling to snuggle with your bird - nothing quite like it for sure. :) Congrats - your bird trusts you a lot and hopefully you'll get to know what that is like all the time - after having my girl for about a year it's now become a nightly ritual and I never tire of it. :)

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thanks guys! It really was a special moment for sure especially since she seemed more bonded to the husband in her previous home...she doesn't seem to like my husband at all! :lol: She's only done the snuggle thing once so far, but I'll take it! :heart:

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
aww that first snuggle is always so special :)

Rose NY

Meeting neighbors
Loki is so big and handsome, Rose!!! :heart::heart:
Thank you! and you have quite the cute girl there yourself:hehe::hehe::D:D:D

I thought my U2 Mario was big.....then I look at the pics of Mario and now Loki and im like woooooowww....I have some pics I should post up.

How are things going with Baby?

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thank you! and you have quite the cute girl there yourself:hehe::hehe::D:D:D

I thought my U2 Mario was big.....then I look at the pics of Mario and now Loki and im like woooooowww....I have some pics I should post up.

How are things going with Baby?
Things are going about the same....she hasn't wanted to snuggle since the one time, but that's ok. Actually yesterday morning I was giving her scritches and she nipped me, so I'm thinking she's beginning to get more comfortable here. Scared the bejeezus outta me tho! :eek: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.