• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Omg you guys!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh! Poor little guy!!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Good to hear he is eating, preening and flying! Was this between 2 tiels?

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Oh no, these things always seem to happen when were not around. I'm relived it's not worse than it already is. You have it under control, good news that he's acting normal considering injuries .

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Poor Baby Hawk! It sounds like he is on the mend. Thank you for sharing the photo. I think this is a really important thing for multiple bird home to see. Even when things are going well, a bird can have a bad day. They can hurt each other.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh dear that looks nasty. So glad you are very competent in fixing these sorts of things.
Heal fast little one.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Are they not caged when you are gone? Flying and eating is wonderful news!:fairy2:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This is Baby hawk today, haven't messed with it to much, but did clean the dried blood out of his nare and the dried siptic powder still on it.
20190205_094225.jpg
I had to cage him, They're ok while eating, and playing, but, when he gets too close to Peanut,,Thailogs girl, that's when they fight . I feel bad, but it's for his own safety. Never have had such a bad hormonal season, they been together for 15 years.

Last edited:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Are they not caged when you are gone? Flying and eating is wonderful news!:fairy2:
They have a birdroom, 99 percent cage free and flighted, but, I'm gonna have to rethink this during breeding season, now, for the first time in years, I'm considering another cage and separately keeping boys and girls. I feel like a Mother Superior in a Catholic school...:kickout:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is Baby hawk today, haven't messed with it to much, but did clean the dried blood out of his nare and the dried siptic powder still on it.
I had to cage him, They're ok while eating, and playing, but, when he gets too close to Peanut,,Thailogs girl, that's when they fight . I feel bad, but it's for his own safety. Never have had such a bad hormonal season, they been together for 15 years.

You had to do what you had to do. I've had birds together for many, many years and then they started fighting and had to be separated. Everyone has their own cage now but best thing for their safety. They can hang out together outside of the cages and they are generally OK except for Sophie and Claudé who start to chase each other and based on their posturing I can tell that they aren't being playful.