• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Omg Rudy almost got killed by the cats.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Coming late to this thread. So relieved all ended well!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Sometimes the unexpected happens. Yesterday, Bob did a fly through the kitchen and ended up in the laundry room on top of a basket with a towel in it. He had been taking a bath and was thoroughly soaked so I'm surprised he made it all the way through two rooms. My hubby said he took Bob's water cup out and that he was sitting on top of his door the last he looked. I asked him what he might have done to spook Bob and he replied "nothing.. I didn't do anything". I know Bob and he wouldn't have done a fright flight for nothing. Hubs just doesn't think about the little stuff that sends a bird in flight mode when scared. He probably blew his nose on tissue, coughed, sneezed or farted loudly :D. Fortunately I was in the kitchen when Bob flew past me with two little dogs hot on his trail when they heard him coming through and little Emma was standing right at Bob practically touching him with her nose when I got to him. Bob is the one bird here that dumps a load when he flies... and left a two foot span of wet doody on the floor as he entered the laundry room. :sour: Luckily I didn't step in it as I didn't see it when I went to get him before the dogs might have thought about grabbing him and I don't think they stepped in it either but still.... it was an extra chore to clean up on a busy night for me.. Grrrrrr... but Bob was safe so that was more important!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What a scare Andrea! So very glad Bob is safe and sound! Whew!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank goodness all is well! He looks great! I think your trying to give us all heart-a-ma-facts w/ your choice of title tho!

:gbh: Rain

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So glad everything turned out well for all ..This is why I have my cats are locked up when the birds are out even with the door closed off to the living room ...I just don't trust my self cuz murphy lives here ;)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Scary but Rudy probably did have fun cruising above all that danger. Don't know if they realize a cat is danger. Anyway glad no one was hurt!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Scary but Rudy probably did have fun cruising above all that danger. Don't know if they realize a cat is danger. Anyway glad no one was hurt!
He tried to hitch a ride out when I was temporarily exiting the room!