• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures [Ollie] Come on home!

Trinity23

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather
Pickles' voice is still tiny after nearly 4 years. But believe me...he can be loud when he wants to. I made a pot of chili today and was treated to a lecture because I wouldn't allow him in the kitchen while I was cooking. In my experience they stay cute! Just be aware that they reach sexual maturity at about 5 months. Once Pickles got that old I went through a month or 2 of the terrible 2's and then he settled right down. Well as much as a p'let can settle down. o_O

Enjoy your new blue tumour! :hehe:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley

Momma!! Hurry up and feed me the millet!!

I've been just playing around with how smart he is for the last couple of hours. And he seems to really respond to millet! I'm hoping to train him to come to me when called. So he's been flying to my hand, and then I've been giving him millet as a reward when he gets there. Although, being the little demanding thing parrotlets are, he feels he should continually get millet even when he doesn't fly to me. Sassy boy.

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Little millet monster! Sounds like he is figuring out now to "train" you to get his way :hehe:

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Too bad I could care less about bites. I just look at him like "really?" He is very clever though. And he is really driven by that millet. I've hidden it in a side drawer and he's currently whacking his beak against it as if it'll just OPEN SESAME!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Too bad I could care less about bites. I just look at him like "really?" He is very clever though. And he is really driven by that millet. I've hidden it in a side drawer and he's currently whacking his beak against it as if it'll just OPEN SESAME!
I kept Beep's kryptonite (safflower seeds and millet) in an empty baby food jar. I think it was a daily ritual for her to grab the lid and shake it and knock it over or knock it to the floor.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Good Luck dealing with "king" Ollie's attitude! :backout:
Literally King Ollie.
He has a tent in his cage that instead of going inside he sits on top of. So I turned it to it's side, and set his cage up in such a way he looks like a king on a throne, and all his toys are his subjects! :hehe: