• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Olivosh And Bugles Kids

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
this was the clutch I kept from last year they molted allot of green a few months ago now its back to half and half two of the three had kids well the female only had one of her own but raised her brothers kids to
Volio had 4 kids none look like him at all all are dark green one passed away out of the blue few days ago,theres another spangled male and a female opaline and a female spangled opaline A708C4FA-450E-46EE-9A43-15DCBE425167.jpeg
Viola has a lutino daughter all the rest from hers died from the male running in the box constantly
9967747A-B8BB-469F-B6E0-66251EF17DE2.jpeg
Buglavosh who has no kids 8C13FC28-70C7-4059-9D69-70ED17EC53F1.jpeg

Sandra Gibson

Walking the driveway
this was the clutch I kept from last year they molted allot of green a few months ago now its back to half and half two of the three had kids well the female only had one of her own but raised her brothers kids to
Volio had 4 kids none look like him at all all are dark green one passed away out of the blue few days ago,theres another spangled male and a female opaline and a female spangled opaline View attachment 314616
Viola has a lutino daughter all the rest from hers died from the male running in the box constantly
View attachment 314617
Buglavosh who has no kids View attachment 314618
Very Pretty birds❤

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They are gorgeous @Budgiebonkers ! I love the one on the right titled 'Viola's kids'... what gorgeous coloring on the breast!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
you mean volios kids the bluish green one? if so thats Jacq from Keekee And Budgles Clutch from last year

Yes! If I ever see a bird like this one at the pet store, I'm a goner! :heart:

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
You are SO right there! We have a pet store next to my favorite dollar store, and when I pull in the parking lot I'm saying to myself... "DON'T do it, DON'T do it"!!!
:laughin: I test my strength of character by going in, looking at all the pretty birdies, and walking out WITHOUT any bird :angel3:

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
Yes I must admit that when I decided to get another budgie after many years without one, I said to myself "just the one". Well after going into Petsmart and seeing all the baby budgies I found it hard to walk away, but I did! If I were to weaken, I would have to be sure that I got a male as Sam would not take kindly to a female I'm sure. But I'm not getting another...really...no more...seriously...I mean it...no more...

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Yes I must admit that when I decided to get another budgie after many years without one, I said to myself "just the one". Well after going into Petsmart and seeing all the baby budgies I found it hard to walk away, but I did! If I were to weaken, I would have to be sure that I got a male as Sam would not take kindly to a female I'm sure. But I'm not getting another...really...no more...seriously...I mean it...no more...

Uh huh... famous last words... (insert evil grin).
To be honest, I can't imagine my two accepting another budgie, as which sex would I get as a third bird?
If I got another female, I can only imagine Fiona heading for her if they had time out of the cage together and really doing something bad... (who knows, but that is just what I picture)
I cannot imagine Fergus doing anything bad to either a third male or female, buttt... again, who knows?
So, to be on the 'better safe than sorry', I RESIST! ;)