• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh, what a day

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
...it's kind of endearing to hear Buddy grumble. My favorite thing is to peek in on him at night...laying on the floor on his back. He'll quickly flip back over and grumble...LOUDLY, because I bothered him...;)
How dare you interrupt his beauty sleep!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
How dare you interrupt his beauty sleep!
...I really don't anymore...the first few times I really thought there was something wrong with him...he was lying on his back on the floor!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I took a couple of budgies to the vet and one did that. It scared the beejeebees out of the people who peeked inside the travel cage. They were all afraid to tell me one of my budgies had died ....

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Just before bed time tonight I was putting the dirty food bowls in the sink with Cheddar on my shoulder ans he started in with a Different Grumble, he was doing the Tielish Grumble. Much higher in pitch and softer, if you have Tiels it's their little "Hey What's That" noises they make. I wonder where Cheddar could have learn that from...besides Nibble, Piper , And Dodger Da Tielish Ones! :dancing:

Da Tielish Ones.jpg

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Just before bed time tonight I was putting the dirty food bowls in the sink with Cheddar on my shoulder ans he started in with a Different Grumble, he was doing the Tielish Grumble. Much higher in pitch and softer, if you have Tiels it's their little "Hey What's That" noises they make. I wonder where Cheddar could have learn that from...besides Nibble, Piper , And Dodger Da Tielish Ones! :dancing:

View attachment 290389

Oooooooooooooooo, pretty baby's. :smug:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Your tiels are gorgeous.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Nibble, the White face was my first bird and is still my "Best Little Buddy". Piper, the Nominate, was my first rescue and came from a very bad situation. Dodger, the Pied, was a drop off at Sugercreek and my Second rescue.

Piper was kept by drug dealer and they left him when the took off. Here's how Piper came to me. Poor guy was half starved 72 grams and so thin I could have shaved with his keel bone. The cage was so nasty I didn't even want it in my place and it fell apart of the way to the dumpster. If these two photos don't break your heart there's something wrong with you. I still choke up thinking about how he was treated. BUT he's lives the high Life now eats like a horse amd loves Nibble.

Number2.JPG Piperjusthome.JPG

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Congrats!!

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I want to point out I've had Nibble for close to 16 years, Piper has been here 12 years and Dodger 6 years.