• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Oh Tuchis...really????

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, my life is always jumping from one thing to the next and this week is no different! :faint: Jon and I had plans to go to NY to pick up a really nice SS Kings cage but I misunderstood and thought he wanted to go this weekend and Jon had other ideas! Meanwhile, the UW Vet School is making a video:camera: of how to handle birds for physicals and such and wanted to use some of my birds to do this. Of course I said absolutely but that was months ago! I heard from one of the vet techs that they want to do it this Friday. Cool, I can handle that, drop the suspects off at the UW on Friday morning, get them back Friday night, we leave for NY the next morning. Nope, that's not what's going to happen at all! Jon wants to leave :driving:Thursday morning and come back right away. Where does that leave the birds? Talk to a vet tech who does boarding and she'd be happy to take them but she only has one open cage...can we bring another one? Sure! So I get home and start taking Tuchis' cage apart because that's one of the birds they asked for. I'm putting 12 hour days in at work so I can take off on Thursday and Friday and Jon is putting in even more. He gets home just as I'm almost done taking the cage apart and just about has a meltdown :extremeanger:because the last thing he wants to do at 7pm is move a cage! So, we decide that we can board Tuchis TAG and Addison RB2 at the vet school instead. That means that I have to put Tuchis' cage back together...not happening! I'm exhausted! So, I put him in the bird room in one of our double stacks that is not occupied. I want to throw in a few more toys and as I'm doing this, Tuchis decides to sneak out :fly2:and then I've thrown up my hands and just leave the door to the cage open and let him to his own devices. The bird room is set up to be ok for parrots on the loose, as long as they aren't the buzzsaw kind (read Leo and Letti RB2s who ate all the molding and casings for the windows and the closet door):chocolate:!

Fast forward to last night when I got home and started feeding and watering the birds...I walk into the bird room and three of the four feeder doors on Leo and Letti's cage are open and they are sitting on top of it like they belong there!:what: SERIOUSLY??? I totally forgot about how Tuchis absolutely adores playing with the outside latches on the Kings cages...they are little triangles that pivot around a bolt and he could spend all day opening them if someone else would close them for him so he could do it again. While inside this type of cage, Tuchis doesn't bother, but he finds great joy in opening them from the outside! I totally forgot about this!:oops: The weird thing is that Leo and Letti are in the same Kings 406 cage that Cooper and Wylee SIEs are and Tuchis didn't bother opening their feeder doors...just Leo and Letti's cage.:shrug3: He seems to have a thing for the pink birds! He's so weird! They get one more day of freedom as I needed to collect my thoughts on the matter for another 24 hours before I try to gang up on everyone and put them back in their cages. Meanwhile, Reggie Lou D2 is having a meltdown :atomic:about the fact that three birds in his bird room are out and about and he's still stuck in his cage! I can't win!

And here's a picture of Tuchis and Addison drying off after a bath:bathtime: last night. They need to look pretty for their video debut!

IMG_1903.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my! LOL. I guess Tuchis has his favorites. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yikes...you might be twitching soon :scared2:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a wild story! Thank you for sharing! Loved Reading it, I understand you go crazy sometimes:faint:
Tuchis is so handsome though:wideyed: Pretty pretty boy:heart:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
What a wild story! Thank you for sharing! Loved Reading it, I understand you go crazy sometimes:faint:
Tuchis is so handsome though:wideyed: Pretty pretty boy:heart:
You know, I'm so focused on the birds and not used to having a dog that I finally realized after this whole debacle, we didn't have a sitter for Murphy Brown! How do you forget a dog you've had for over a year??? We did find someone to take him for a few days...may the saints be with her while she's watching him!:laugh:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
My hair would have turned totally grey overnight with all that!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You know, I'm so focused on the birds and not used to having a dog that I finally realized after this whole debacle, we didn't have a sitter for Murphy Brown! How do you forget a dog you've had for over a year??? We did find someone to take him for a few days...may the saints be with her while she's watching him!:laugh:
Noo that too on top of all that:rofl: so unfortunate but I am cracking up:shy::coffeescreen:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Sounds like a VERY busy life! Love the pictures. Have fun on your trip.