• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

oh the screams!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
i write this to you, on my front porch as i piled all the kids out the door because the house was just to loud for my head to take this afternoon.
ever since we got charlie, hes always been a little bit of a screamer, not a crazy amount but he did scream at certain times of the day and usually when kyle gets home from work until kyle goes and gives charlie some love.
but today, i dont know whats up his butt, but it has been non-stop basically since 9am!
i have given him all he needs, even when he was down playing with us , screaming
i think its just an off day for everyone and he feels that energy in the house, but between him, the kids, the dog and the fiance! oh my goodness! lol, now im enjoying some nice quiet fresh air
and to unwind in a little, we are going out atving.
but i hope this isn't a new everyday thing, we've done our best to ignore the behaviour as best as we can. but sometimes it is just so hard!
we have started turning his screams into dog barking lol, witch is much more easier on the ears and he has been doing that more so then screaming , we have been trying our hardest to get his screams to become the barking instead, and it has been working except today!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I can understand completely.

Once in awhile, this house just gets too darn loud...there's nothing wrong with anybody...they get into a "Who Can Scream The Loudest" contest. Nothing on Earth can put a brake on it...so the best thing is to make sure everybody is fine..and leave the house for a little bit....

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Henkie and Fëanor were in that mood too a few days ago. Theh kept flying around like crazy little birds making their loudest sounds. Henkie would come sit on my shoulder and do his loudest scream in my ear, for a small bird pretty darn loud, it makes my ear ring!:lol: Next day they were back to normal, hope it Will be the same for Charlie!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
the kids just left to grammas for the night, and its just me charlie and the dog in the house, and its finally quiet!
im making dinner for the guys while they take a beer and food break from riding ,
and dear old charlie is watching angry birds movie ( how fitting eh! lol )
and is quiet!!!
i think he was just feeling everyones mood today, as usually during the day kyles at work, kids are at school, the dog sleeps and i spend my day being lazy !
he must of been feeding off the energy from the chaotic household!
and kyle was napping on the couch at one point, right beside the cage, so charlie could see him but get no attention so screaming was his way to get it BUT kyle can sleep through ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
kyle is starting on the rec room downstairs tho tomarrow, finally giving us a second room to watch tv and hangout, ( since its been an empty room except the 200g fish tank ) and right off there is a huge 4th bedroom also unused. so in a few weeks we will have a bird room!!!!!! and the family room downstairs
and then my upstairs livingroom can finally be a nice ( non messy!!!) room for me to escape the entire family!!! kids, pets, fiance!!!!! wooooooooooooooo

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
kyle is starting on the rec room downstairs tho tomarrow, finally giving us a second room to watch tv and hangout, ( since its been an empty room except the 200g fish tank ) and right off there is a huge 4th bedroom also unused. so in a few weeks we will have a bird room!!!!!! and the family room downstairs
and then my upstairs livingroom can finally be a nice ( non messy!!!) room for me to escape the entire family!!! kids, pets, fiance!!!!! wooooooooooooooo

Now that sounds wonderful.... :cloud9: