• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh rats!

Nami

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicola
Thought I'd show everyone my lovely rats :swoon: They're very intelligent and curious little creatures and they make excellent companions (much like birds do).

Here's Ghost, he is very friendly, super chill and loves head scratches. He loves eating peas and pasta and snoozing in his hammock. He also has a little eye patch mark that makes him look like a tiny pirate!

Apollo is Ghosts brother, I adopted them together from a lady who had an accidental litter. He is very needy and loves cuddles and human attention, whenever I walk past he leaps to the cage door. He reminds me much more of a dog than a rat :laugh:

Despite Mew having very poor vision and a small stature he still manages to be the boss of all the rats, he has a huge attitude :rolleyes: He loves sitting on my shoulder which always leaves me with a lovely necklace of scratches.

This is Taro, he's a lovely little man :xflove: I received him from an online ad and when I adopted him he had a bad case of pneumonia, as a result he has some pretty bad lung scarring and some on and off respiratory issues which is quite stressful to deal with (he's a sweetheart though so it makes up for it all).

Last edited:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So very cute :)

Laura729

Jogging around the block
So cute!! I love the photos and descriptions. :)

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What beautiful babies! :heart::heart:

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
aww so adorable I have had many rats myself over the years, they do make such great pets

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
They are all very cute :xflove:

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Thought I'd show everyone my lovely rats :swoon: They're very intelligent and curious little creatures and they make excellent companions (much like birds do).

Here's Ghost, he is very friendly, super chill and loves head scratches. He loves eating peas and pasta and snoozing in his hammock. He also has a little eye patch mark that makes him look like a tiny pirate!

Apollo is Ghosts brother, I adopted them together from a lady who had an accidental litter. He is very needy and loves cuddles and human attention, whenever I walk past he leaps to the cage door. He reminds me much more of a dog than a rat :laugh:

Despite Mew having very poor vision and a small stature he still manages to be the boss of all the rats, he has a huge attitude :rolleyes: He loves sitting on my shoulder which always leaves me with a lovely necklace of scratches.

This is Taro, he's a lovely little man :xflove: I received him from an online ad and when I adopted him he had a bad case of pneumonia, as a result he has some pretty bad lung scarring and some on and off respiratory issues which is quite stressful to deal with (he's a sweetheart though so it makes up for it all).

Those are all fantastic pictures! But the last one is absolutely amazing!!!!

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
When I was 15-20ish I had 3 female rats in a big enclosure, a blue dumbo, a rex, and a regular hooded rat. They were good friends. Sadly rats don't live that long and they all passed of old age. They were good friends.

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
i love rats, a lot of my friends kept rats and they were such nice pets. An elderly lady i used to see, keep her rat down her top and took it for walks in the woods, i'd see it moving around, and then its little face would peep out!