• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh, I have a sudden itch

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Max cracks me up. At times when I offer my finger for step up so Max can travel around the house with me he suddenly feigns a need to scratch. As I walk away suddenly the need to scratch is gone!

And Arghh, still no luck uploading photos...

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are so silly. Sure do have a personality. It's wonderful :heart:

Leto bends his head down for a scritch sometimes before he'll step up for me :xflove:

Are you trying to upload a pic from your phone?

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I can do longer load photos from my phone

I keep getting a message that uploaded file is too large; however I never had problems with any pictures from my phone in the past. Thanks for any suggestions

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The forum used to resize images that were too large for upload, it still does if the image is not really huge. I'm have the same issue at times and I must resize the image smaller before uploading. I'm hoping the next forum update will resolve this.

For now you have to edit your photo and save it in a smaller version or reduce your image size when taking the photo.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Leto bends his head down for a scritch sometimes before he'll step up for me :xflove:
And first a little description of Akela. She is the sweetest, she has a heart of gold, is very gently and loving, but I never force her to do anything.
In my house a step up, is only if they want to do that, and often they do, thank god! :)
But when Akela is refusing her step up (and now remember what a sweet soul she is) she is just bowing asking for scritches.
That is her way telling: - I don't want to, but I do love you a lot, and I hope we still are friends. ♥

I love that they have such a great personality, and we can only laugh at them and love them for all silly things that they do. ♥

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
And first a little description of Akela. She is the sweetest, she has a heart of gold, is very gently and loving, but I never force her to do anything.
In my house a step up, is only if they want to do that, and often they do, thank god! :)
But when Akela is refusing her step up (and now remember what a sweet soul she is) she is just bowing asking for scritches.
That is her way telling: - I don't want to, but I do love you a lot, and I hope we still are friends. ♥

I love that they have such a great personality, and we can only laugh at them and love them for all silly things that they do. ♥
Leto always wants to go with me :) he gets annoyed if I leave him for 2 minutes to pee :facepalm: Or run downstairs to move the laundry from the washer to the drier. He thinks he should come too. Sometimes, he just needs to be scritched first. :D

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
No forced step up here. Both know they are king of the house. Luckily with Max he steps up a lot. Problem is if I go to another room he must come with me or in his locked cage as the attacks that have occurred are when I leave him for a split second. He is being a darling to me but as soon as he isn't in my line of sight he has gone after Charlie

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby is so social that basically all you have to do is offer your hand and he might give you the I don wanna look but he always steps up, of course that doesn't mean he won't fly away shortly after. I love the I drop my head to get a scritch trick. I think they all do it eventually, I know Nerd did and Lurch did, it's probably part of their DNA at this point.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Hard to believe a bird so cute could have such sneaky alter ulterior motives. I will charm Mommy so that I can get to Charlie
No forced step up here. Both know they are king of the house. Luckily with Max he steps up a lot. Problem is if I go to another room he must come with me or in his locked cage as the attacks that have occurred are when I leave him for a split second. He is being a darling to me but as soon as he isn't in my line of sight he has gone after Charlie