• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

oh crap they are back

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I hate that when you have to completely trash your place through no fault of your own. Our house is far from perfect but try to keep the main living areas clear and like that. Rest and kick back and do what you can as you feel better. When I get a minor to medium back ache I take Tylenol and ibuprofen together and between them they take down inflammation and are almost as affective as vicodin without the stupidity, provided your OK with both of them.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Hot bath and extra strength icy hot for me. I'm limited to what pain killers i can take. Kidney issues. It kills me that house freaking disaster area for Section 8 inspection.
He was understanding though thank god. But I hate having such huge mess. Poor Bebe was freaked out too. The inspector checked smoke alarms CO detector. Poor lil' grey monkey flipped out.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
When I broke my arm 10 years ago I was in the middle of all kinds of health issues and one was both kidneys had big stones in them. My creatine level was high and doc told me to avoid ibuprofen. After I had the double kidney stone smashing my level went back to low perfect. I haven't had huge stones since and so I can take what I want again. You certainly don't want to mess with your kidney function.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Mine gets high ( creatine ) too just don't want to mess it up worse

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
20190907_091300-1.jpg
This is Bebe's food and the toy making boxes from his cage

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Here's a video on how to make copper mesh to plug up rodent holes, from kitchen scouring scubbies.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Ok I'm still finding calling cards in Bebe's cage, time for baffles. This is 4 part series. Part 1::::
Part 2::::
Part 3:::::
Part 4::::::
Sorry this is so long but I was having camera and battery issues. Plus glue needs to dry. Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Way cool! That is a great idea. Very well done instructional too!!!

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Hello, sorry for being so long in getting some info from Orkin. He came this morning for our monthly preventative look around. He could not think of anything more to do that you are not already doing and he was totally disgusted with the attitude of the landlord, and he said if it was him, he would go to the media anonymously!

So I am also at a loss of what else to do. Keep up the battle and let us know how it goes. I am going camping for the next 10 days so also hoping we don’t get mice as we had a couple that got in in the tent trailer in July and straight for kiwi’s cage. Got in it and was munching on his seeds on the bottom, killed them and nothing after but it’s scary when they get inside the cage, but my brave ( ignorant ) kiwi did not even react. He was sleeping so not sure if he knew they got in the cage. Good thing as we put the cage outside and open the door and just grabbed it and killed it, Kiwi never even moved...

All the best to you. Sorry could not be of more help.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Da€n I just had another vermin run over foot. I chased it but black on dark brown carpeting I didn't see where it went.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh no!!! Still? That is awful for you and Bebe. Gosh I hope they get sorted out soon.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Da€n I just had another vermin run over foot. I chased it but black on dark brown carpeting I didn't see where it went.

I am not sure what that first word was supposed to be up there.... but I can guarantee you that I would have said something REALLY bad!!!
I use the kitchen copper scour things for the dry poop on my perches, they are great to knock it off.

I have been reading about the stones and creatin info described by @Dartman and you, NOW I know why my old cousin was advised to quit the over the counter pain killer for his back, but dang... what CAN you take that won't contribute to kidney probs these days? My cousin suffers from back problems too, but he is scared to death now to take anything for pain, poor guy!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
That word was da*n .
There is not much I can take, icy hot helps but smell will drive out of the house. Rodent patrol will stop in tomorrow and hopefully will leave me some glue traps.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Here's a video on how to make copper mesh to plug up rodent holes, from kitchen scouring scubbies.

What a great detailed vid! Laurie, if you remember, in the spring I was battling ants, and considered putting my cage legs and wheels in a water filled bowl. The ants finally did leave, but they usually come back in the fall... I didn't resort to the bowls yet, but I may.

I wanted to ask though, why is the shiny side of the foil glued to the poster board, rather than facing out? The reason I'm mentioning this is - I had an old friend who was an exterminator, and when he told people how to put poison under their home, he told them NOT to use shiny containers, because it might scare the critters worse than matte because they could see their reflections. SO... having said that - if you make more baffles, maybe glue the matte side to the poster board, that way it might scare them even before they try to hop on it maybe? (just one of my random thoughts)

I SURE hope after all this trouble that they will not be able to get in that cage anymore. And boy howdy would I be mad at the owners if they didn't attempt to cure the problem.

Anyhow - GREAT video!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
A mat finish glues better to another mat finish.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Try cayenne and cinnamon paste on the legs of the cage for ants.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@Annie's Mommie I live apartment complex ,we have follow their rules, glue traps. I have snap traps but they are not catching the little varmints.