• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Nutz balsa foraging toy

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
...perhaps the foraging block could be pine...that way they can’t destroy as fast...
:iwillwin:

:rofl:

Saroj's favorite toys are deemed by how quickly they are destroyed. :laugh: Those who die first win. :lol:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
...perhaps the foraging block could be pine...that way they can’t destroy as fast...
:iwillwin:
If you do make a pine version, would you be able to put a couple of grooves along the sides? Just big enough for something like a pine nut or sunflower seed to fit in to.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got mine generously through @saroj12 last week. The NBF and two extras were destroyed in one day by a tag team cheek attack. Surprisingly no fights over the pine nuts hidden but those little pull out sticks were cause for some alpha bird challenges.

Mahalo @saroj12 let Rudy know that he and his Bowls bring much joy and laughter thousands of miles away in Hawaii.

@Macawnutz

I drool over your creations but as someone who watched my mother struggle to find creative, interesting toys for our family cockatoo other than phone books and poorly colored blocks of wood, I hope you stay in the big bird biz.

Ours was purchased as a conversation piece, not a pet and my mom with no bird experience struggled to find ways to make him happy and the fights my parents had were epic, from moving him from a giant round cage to my mom turning her sewing room into a bird room with a custom cage (I have no idea what $2300 in 1974 dollars would be now but my dad was steamed when that cage was deliverd)

Once again, we have a ton of sellers everywhere catering to the smaller birds but not many for the bigger birds on the scale and affordable range that you offer.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I got mine generously through @saroj12 last week. The NBF and two extras were destroyed in one day by a tag team cheek attack. Surprisingly no fights over the pine nuts hidden but those little pull out sticks were cause for some alpha bird challenges.

Mahalo @saroj12 let Rudy know that he and his Bowls bring much joy and laughter thousands of miles away in Hawaii.

@Macawnutz

I drool over your creations but as someone who watched my mother struggle to find creative, interesting toys for our family cockatoo other than phone books and poorly colored blocks of wood, I hope you stay in the big bird biz.

Ours was purchased as a conversation piece, not a pet and my mom with no bird experience struggled to find ways to make him happy and the fights my parents had were epic, from moving him from a giant round cage to my mom turning her sewing room into a bird room with a custom cage (I have no idea what $2300 in 1974 dollars would be now but my dad was steamed when that cage was deliverd)

Once again, we have a ton of sellers everywhere catering to the smaller birds but not many for the bigger birds on the scale and affordable range that you offer.

Thank you for your very kind words. I have learned many things through opening the store. One would think it's bird knowledge but really it's more owner knowledge. I have a unique perspective owning as many birds as I do and I know that each one is capable of much more than we expect. :)

I love education. I love teaching people how to select toys. Often times with large birds owners are overwhelmed by the destruction which gets costly. Sometimes you just need to know how to keep them paced and supplied which does not have to break the bank.

I will never pull away from the large bird toys, they are my passion. I mean... you know I own 8 macaws, 2 U2 and 2 DBY. ;)
Their creativity and love for the world keeps me focused. I am not at all worried about small bird toys taking over the store as it would never happen. :laugh: I do worry that as it grows I won't know the birds being shopped for. I love knowing all my customers, my husband too. I like referring to orders as Riley's order or my husband saying "holy cow, did you see Bowser's order" :hilarious: Somehow my husband even knows all Saroj's birds which cracks me up. I hope I can always stay on top of that.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
If you do make a pine version, would you be able to put a couple of grooves along the sides? Just big enough for something like a pine nut or sunflower seed to fit in to.
No grooves until the shop is built. :laugh: That saw is in storage. :lol:

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Love this thread!!! It is so heartwarming to see a bird playing with their toys and "going to town"! Makes me appreciate that we can have such magical creatures in our lives (well, except on days I'm having a terrible migraine and my sun conure insists on asking, "WHAT'S A MIGRAINE? SQUAWK!!!!" :hehe:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That’s awesome Sarah! That your husband knows my birds warms my heart ❤!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I still have two of the foragers. I’ll break tthem out tonight!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

@Macawnutz

❤ this post! You are so eloquent @tattoosiva

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That’s awesome Sarah! That your husband knows my birds warms my heart ❤!

He knows Jojo and Chickie. ;) Prior to your orders he would say, the lady with the awesome flying room. Lol! He knows more than I expect him too. When he comes online he relates more to members I don't know as well which I don't find odd. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
JoJo figured out the cork! Then promptly forgot lol

06AFB9FC-AC39-44CE-B79F-4FB6885378C2.jpeg 0C8668DE-EA55-4C0E-9397-9173FFE16585.jpeg

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
What do you guys use to make holes in your balsa wood? I stab at it with a small pearing knife .. LOL coulkd use some ideas -.-