• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

nutriberries ?

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
i would like some opinions about dryfood and what you guys feed your birds other than fruit, beans/cereal, sprouts and veggies .

i used to feed my cockatiel & black capped conure crazy corn, golden feast, harrison's lifetime, nutriberries cockatiel & nutriberries conure as well as all the fresh food i could (i became also a pretty good bird cook :yes4:).

So now the problem : in french pet shops birds aren't that popular so they have very little accessories/toys/types of food available that is why i order everything online, problem is that theres like 1 good french online birdshop otherwize i have to order from U.K,Cannada, U.S etc.... and let me tell you it is expencive ! :atomic::sad4:

so after long research i found out that i could buy for descent price only harrison's and nutriberries ! the rest i have to order in other countries ...

is it enough for the DRY food ?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I'm not an expert. I can tell you that my amazons get roudybush or zupreem (they get on kicks where they eat one or the other) and senior nutriberries.

I do give them an occasional zupreem monkey biscuit.

Nadia Bingo

Strolling the yard
Good quality pellets (which both Harrison's and Zupreem are) provide all of the basic nutrition needed. When you add in 30-40% fresh veggies they have a complete diet. Nothing more is needed, except if your vet says otherwise.

I have a Conure as well and I do provide nutri-berries and other seeds (such as safflower and oat) as snacks (less than 5% of his diet). Nutri-berries are like crack in my household - they NEVER get sick of them and are always hoping to con someone into giving them more (the poor me I didn't get dinner trick normally).

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Nutriberries were invented as a bridging food to get birds off of seed and onto pellet diets but now, Lafeber, the maker, has developed them to be nutritionally balanced so that they can be a birds main diet. I give my guys pellets and nutriberries and then "people" food - whole grains, nuts, fruits, vegetables etc. and my vet seems to think that is fine (unless they have a nutritional imbalance or condition that requires special supplements). If you top up the pellets and berries with fresh food, I think you should be fine.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I also think that the pellets with the nutriberries would be fine, along with all the fresh food you can get your birds to eat.

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
I'm not an expert. I can tell you that my amazons get roudybush or zupreem (they get on kicks where they eat one or the other) and senior nutriberries.

I do give them an occasional zupreem monkey biscuit.
i don't have any experience with zupreem so i actually have no idea how it is but i do trust you guys and ill look into it for sure, im glad to read that people feed their birds similar diet as the one i fed mine !:hug8::rolleyes: ps: i haven't tried the monkey biscuit yet but ill try for sure !:bounce4:

Good quality pellets (which both Harrison's and Zupreem are) provide all of the basic nutrition needed. When you add in 30-40% fresh veggies they have a complete diet. Nothing more is needed, except if your vet says otherwise.

I have a Conure as well and I do provide nutri-berries and other seeds (such as safflower and oat) as snacks (less than 5% of his diet). Nutri-berries are like crack in my household - they NEVER get sick of them and are always hoping to con someone into giving them more (the poor me I didn't get dinner trick normally).
okay good then im not wrong i did the same exept zupreem that i didn't use, i do approve that my birds went cray cray for nutriberries too !!!:laughing6:

Nutriberries were invented as a bridging food to get birds off of seed and onto pellet diets but now, Lafeber, the maker, has developed them to be nutritionally balanced so that they can be a birds main diet. I give my guys pellets and nutriberries and then "people" food - whole grains, nuts, fruits, vegetables etc. and my vet seems to think that is fine (unless they have a nutritional imbalance or condition that requires special supplements). If you top up the pellets and berries with fresh food, I think you should be fine.

thank you for all the info ! its good to talk to people that know more than i do because if i want to get any info from petstore employes im better off not asking anything because they give horrible advice !

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Here is the French version of Amazon - Amazon carries a lot of bird supplies (at least in the US).

https://www.amazon.fr/

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
...thank you for all the info ! its good to talk to people that know more than i do because if i want to get any info from petstore employes im better off not asking anything because they give horrible advice !
I think we have all been given bad advice from a pet store - especially when they want us to buy their product over others! I have learned so much from people on this forum so keep asking :handup: :hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wasabi has suddenly rejected Nutriberries. He has eaten them for years. I guess I can see why. They were a diversion so I could get into the cage and clean.
The vet has the cockatiels on Pelletberries. They did eat the Nutriberries for cockatiels, but the vet said to discontinue it for some reason. I don't recall.
All the birds do eat Harrisons.